The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of…
The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize the power of NetSupport School in a Google Chromebook environment.
The NetSupport School Tutor can be installed on teacher machines running Chrome OS. The teacher can then connect to each student Chromebook* enabling them to monitor and interact with students quickly and efficiently.
* The NetSupport School Student extension for Google Chrome needs to be installed on each student Chromebook.
Key Features when connecting to students from a teacher’s Chrome OS device:
- Flexible choice of connection modes enables the Tutor to quickly connect to the required student devices by Room Name, Username or a general browse of the network. For added convenience direct integration with SIS (Student Information System) using ClassLink OneRoster is also provided, allowing you to instantly access your SIS classrooms and student accounts at the start of a NetSupport-managed lesson.
- View real-time thumbnails of each student machine in a single view.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real time.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
CHROME INCOGNITO MODE:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you ‘disallow’ Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
INSTALLATION and PRE-REQUISITES:
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the NetSupport School Tutor must be installed on the teacher's machine*, and the NetSupport School Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks.
* In mixed platform classrooms, the NetSupport School Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks.
You can evaluate the NetSupport School Tutor for 30 days on up to five student Chromebooks or, when prompted, you can enter your existing NetSupport School license information. If you’re new to NetSupport School or require additional licenses, contact your NetSupport reseller.
Please visit www.netsupportschool.com/chrome for more information.
Latest updates in version 1.14.1:
Performance and operability enhancements.
Latest performance and operability enhancements in Version 1.14:
- Connect to Students using SIS Mode. Direct integration with SIS (Student Information System) using ClassLink OneRoster is now provided, allowing you to instantly access your SIS classrooms and student accounts at the start of a NetSupport-managed lesson.
- Thumbnail enhancements and improved zoom performance.