The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of…
The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize the power of NetSupport School in a Google Chrome environment.
For use in your existing NetSupport-managed classroom, the NetSupport School Student extension can be installed on each student machine running the Google Chrome OS. From the teacher's machine (Chrome OS or Windows) you can then connect to each system enabling you to monitor and interact with each student quickly and efficiently.
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student machine in a single view.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real time.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing.
CHROME INCOGNITO MODE:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you ‘disallow’ Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
INSTALLATION and PRE-REQUISITES:
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the NetSupport School Tutor app for Google Chrome must be installed on the teacher's Chrome OS machine or for mixed platform classrooms, the NetSupport School Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks; and the NetSupport School Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks. An IT Admin can centrally manage the configuration and deployment of the Student extension within the Google Admin Console.
The NetSupport School student for Chrome OS can be used with the existing NetSupport School licences you have already purchased (as long as you have sufficient unused licences), or additional Chrome-only student licences can be purchased from your NetSupport Reseller at a reduced cost.
Please visit www.netsupportschool.com/chrome for more information and a simple step-by-step guide to managing your Chrome OS students in the classroom.
Latest enhancements in version v1.55
• Added support for connections from a NetSupport School Tutor* using ‘PC Mode’. Enables the teacher to connect to a fixed list of devices, irrespective of who the logged-in student is. Ideal for environments where the devices remain in the same classroom.
Requires the Chrome OS devices to be enrolled/provisioned within the Google Admin Console.
* NetSupport School Windows Tutor application v12.00.30 required. ‘PC Mode’ connections from a NetSupport School Chrome Tutor coming soon.
Enhancements in version 1.54:
• Added support for connections from a NetSupport School Tutor* using ‘User Mode’. Enables the teacher to quickly connect to the required student devices by logged-on username or email.
• Connection status indicator. Newly added visual indicator displays the current connection state between the Student device and Tutor machine. Red = No Connection, Yellow = Attempting a connection, Orange = Connected to the NetSupport Name and Connectivity Server, Green = Connected to the NetSupport Tutor.
*Requires NetSupport School Windows Tutor application v12.00.30. ‘User Mode’ connections from a NetSupport School Chrome Tutor coming soon.