The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of…
The #1 choice for IT educators worldwide, NetSupport School delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize the power of NetSupport School in a Google Chrome environment.
For use in your existing NetSupport-managed classroom, the NetSupport School Student extension can be installed on each student machine running the Google Chrome OS. From the teacher's machine (Chrome OS or Windows) you can then connect to each system enabling you to monitor and interact with each student quickly and efficiently.
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student device in a single view and zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- Open a separate view session to discreetly monitor a selected student’s screen and take a closer look at activity – perfect for ensuring students are on task with their learning activities. (The open Browser activity can be viewed in Thumbnail and View modes along with the option to view the full desktop if required.)
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- The teacher can show their desktop to students’ Chromebooks to help demonstrate a point or show students how to do a particular task.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- The teacher can send an instant survey to students during or at the end of a session, helping to instantly capture students’ understanding of a topic.
- The Feedback and Wellbeing feature can be used by teachers to gauge how students feel, their confidence with a topic and whether they need extra support.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing.
CHROME INCOGNITO MODE:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you ‘disallow’ Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
INSTALLATION and PRE-REQUISITES:
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the NetSupport Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the NetSupport School Tutor app for Google Chrome must be installed on the teacher's Chrome OS machine or for mixed platform classrooms, the NetSupport School Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks; and the NetSupport School Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks. An IT Admin can centrally manage the configuration and deployment of the Student extension within the Google Admin Console.
The NetSupport School student for Chrome OS can be used with the existing NetSupport School licences you have already purchased (as long as you have sufficient unused licences).
Please visit www.netsupportschool.com/chrome for more information and a simple step-by-step guide to managing your Chrome OS students in the classroom.
Latest changes in version v184.108.40.206:
Change of behavior for viewing student screens - By default, the open Browser at the student device can be viewed by the teacher in Thumbnail and View modes. However, the Student extension also provides support for full desktop view and to facilitate this, students will firstly need to accept an on-screen prompt. If you prefer not to offer this option and remain with the student's browser capture only, the prompt can be disabled by adding the following configuration string into the NetSupport School Student policy (.JSON) in the Google Admin Console.