What's new in v2.0.1?
• Updated the extension to the latest web extension API, Manifest V3.
• Due to Chrome API limitations in Manifest V3, real-time shopping site skimmer detection is no longer possible. You are still protected from skimmers in Netcraft's vast database of known attacks.
• Removed possibility of the extension having compatibility issues with sites.
• Removed outdated information from site information popup.
• Protection against phishing sites — The Netcraft anti-phishing community is effectively a giant neighbourhood watch scheme, empowering the most alert and most expert members to defend everyone within the community. As soon as the first recipients of a phishing mail report it, we can block it for all users of the extension providing an additional level of protection from Phishing. Netcraft processes reports of fraudulent URLs from a diverse variety of sources and proactively searches for new fraudulent sites.
• Detailed site reports – simply click the Netcraft logo to access a wealth of information about the sites you visit, helping you to make informed choices about their safety.
• Conveniently report suspected phishing & fraudulent sites – At the click of the button you can report suspected web forgeries to Netcraft, helping to protect the community. Netcraft operates an incentive scheme for Phishing site submissions, including iPads, backpacks, mugs, and more… https://report.netcraft.com/pages/report-incentives
Find out more about the Extension at: https://www.netcraft.com/apps-extensions/browser-extension/
Netcraft is an Internet services company based in Bath, England. We provide a range of services relating to internet data analysis, defences against fraud and phishing, web application security testing, and automated network scanning. In particular, Netcraft’s anti-phishing services are very widely licensed, ultimately protecting hundreds of millions of people.