A tool for software developers working with Nest.
(Deprecated) The Nest Developer Tool empowers and supports developers building next-generation clients adopting Nest API. Nest's best-in-class features are now simulated using virtual devices with on-demand setting changes. For developers who are part of the Nest Developer Program, testing your product against common system events or sensor conditions is simplified and straightforward, integrated into the same web app customers use.
IMPORTANT: This extension is deprecated. See the Nest Home Simulator App [https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nest-home-simulator/jmcapoebgeaabepohkchkldlfhchkega] for a new Chrome app with all the features of this extension, plus more functionality. This extension will continue to work if it is installed on your browser instance.
• Trigger Rush Hour Rewards for a structure
• Create virtual devices simulating Thermostats (up to 10 per account and structure)
• Create virtual devices simulating Smoke + CO Alarms (up to 36 per account and 18 per structure)
• Modify or remove any virtual devices saved in a developer account
• Change HVAC control states (e.g. heat, cool, fan)
• Control Thermostat settings (e.g. current temperature, humidity, locale, software version)
• Trigger energy savings (e.g. Leaf)
• Trigger CO or smoke detection and clearing events
• Trigger Smoke + CO Alarm tests for specified durations
• Trigger Smoke + CO Alarms (e.g. low-battery situation, smoke, CO)
• Set Smoke + CO Power source type (e.g. battery or wired)
• Change away state in a structure (e.g. force auto-away, away, home)
• Set and modify the location of the home (postal code and country)