A neater bookmarks tree popup.
There is a Chromium bug that causes the extension popup to not close properly. See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=286379 and star the issue to help Google prioritize this issue.
A neat bookmarks tree popup extension for Chrome. It looks slick, has bookmarks search and remembers the last opened folders and scroll position. It is also one of the most keyboard-accessible extensions, with decent WAI-ARIA support.
To search bookmarks from the address bar (omnibox), type "* " (asterisk & space). The search character can be changed by going to Chrome > Settings > Search > Manage search engines > Search engines added by extensions (chrome://settings/searchEngines).
This extension is based on a "safe" version of the original Neat Bookmarks extension. This is NOT the current version of Neat Bookmarks in the Chrome Web Store, which still jacks ads. Neater Bookmarks does NOT contain any adware or malware or perform ad jacking, and it never will!
*** Notes ***
- "Your bookmarks": obviously
- "Your browsing history": not used at all in the extension
- "Your data on all websites": needed for bookmarklets to work properly
- This extension does NOT track/use/see any of your data on any websites.
- Many thanks to Cheeaun, the original developer of Neat Bookmarks!
*** Externals ***
- Neater Bookmarks is open source! GitHub repository: http://goo.gl/s2kVi
- FAQ: http://goo.gl/DDMqE
- Issues: http://goo.gl/Ct39y or email email@example.com
- Custom CSS Styles: http://goo.gl/9OeIy
- Custom icons: http://goo.gl/0xQNp
- Internationalization/Localization: http://goo.gl/oDXMm
*** Changelog summary ***
- Detailed changelog: http://goo.gl/6j3n4