Filters out obscene words on webpages and optionally mutes profanity on Netflix.
This "Naughty Language Filter" filters out obscene text on webpages and even has the additional feature of muting profanity in Netflix (by utilizing Netflix's subtitles). Essentially, a profanity filter that purifies your window into the internet, one word at a time!
● Designed to have virtually no negative impact on performance.
● The built-in bad word list contains most all words that would be considered as "bad words".
● The Netflix video muting works by processing Netflix's subtitles (subtitles must be turned on within Netflix for this to work, but the extension will hide the subtitles via magic!). The Netflix video muting will not be perfect because it is directly dependent on the subtitles being accurate and timely.
● Words can be added or deleted from the profanity word list as desired.
● Profanity filtering can be turned off on a per-website basis.
● Customize how words will be filtered (e.g. will it look like *****, or l----, or FILTERED). You choose!
The obscene text filtering works with essentially any webpage: Reddit, Youtube, Soundcloud, Google, Facebook, ... basically any website!