Easy access to playback controls, keyboard shortcuts and more for music across the web
★★★★★ About ★★★★★
A simple extension for a number of online web players which provides playback controls, now playing information and many more features which are listed below. A minimalist design with simplicity and quickness in mind.
★★★★★ Features ★★★★★
• Displays now playing information in popup with playback controls
• Toast notifications on track change (optional)
• Opens a new tab for any player desired (set in options page)
• Scrobbles to Last.FM (optional)
• Displays artist and track on icon (optional)
• Displays progress bar on icon (optional)
• Keyboard shortcuts for all popup actions (optional)
• Displays pause indicator on the icon when a player is paused
• Click the album art to quickly jump to the current players tab
★★★★★ Supported Players ★★★★★
• Accuradio (thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts)
• Amazon Music (thanks to HanSolor80/Christoph Kau)
• Bandcamp (artist/album view only)
• Google Play Music
• Groove Music
• iHeart Radio
• My Cloud Player
• Spotify (web player only)
+ Let me know what other players you want to see! It's easy enough to add them so just let me know.
★★★★★ Permissions Information ★★★★★
This extension can access:
1) Your data on all websites - This is so the extension can actually grab the currently playing information from each player it needs to, as well as control the playback. Asking for all websites is to ensure future player support does not require users to re-grant permissions. This extension does NOT inject ads or collect any unnecessary information from users.
2)Your browsing history - "This item could look at your browsing history. This warning is often a by-product of an item needing to open new tabs or windows." (http://www.google.com/support/chrome_webstore/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=186213&rd=1)
+) Nothing in this extension collects or stores any of your personal information. You can view the source if you want to verify.
★★★★★ Author ★★★★★
• Kyle Kamperschroer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
People who have helped out:
• Tony Kamperschroer
• Brad Lambeth
• Marc-Andre Decoste
• Geovanny Poveda
• Francisco Salvador (pakopa)
• Cucko - Developer of My Cloud Player
• Agret - di.fm fixes and UX improvements
• NasaGeek/Chris Roberts - SoundCloud, Amazon fixes. Accuradio support.
• HanSolo80 - Bug fixes related to the icon not updating properly
★★★★★ Issues ★★★★★
If you encounter any issues please don't hesitate to let me know. I am more than happy to fix things when I can.
If a player is not yet supported, please don't leave bad feedback. Contact me and let me know and I can work on adding support as quickly as possible.
★★★★★ Support ★★★★★
• If you want to support this extension, there are numerous ways you can contribute. Fiscally (view the options page for a PayPal donate link), and developmentally: https://github.com/kkamperschroer/Musicality
★★★★★ Release notes ★★★★★
+ Fixes for Amazon Music (previously Amazon Cloud Player) - Thanks Christoph Kau!
+ Bug fixes to icon not updating thanks to HanSolo80
+ Fix manifest
+ Fixes for Google Music and options page thanks to Jenny Li
+ Shoutcast support
+ Fix uninstallation error for some users due to typo in mainfest
+ Small Pandora fixes thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts
+ Google Music Fixes thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts
+ Amazon Player Fixes thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts
+ Accuradio Support thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts
+ SoundCloud fixes thanks to NasaGeek/Chris Roberts
+ Add ability to pop the toast via a keyboard shortcut on demand
+ Fix last.fm issues. Scrobbling should work again!
+ Fix for Youtube (times are a little funny still. Working on it)
+ Xbox Music is now Groove Music
+ Minor bugfixes
+ Fix for new Google Play Music
+ Fix issues with description being too vague to be approved
+ Add Pocketcasts support
+ Fixes and improvements for Amazon Prime Music Player
+ Fixes for TuneIn
Older release notes can be found here: https://github.com/kkamperschroer/Musicality/blob/master/docs/Changelog.md