LMMS produces music with your computer, creation of melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing of sounds
LMMS is a music creation application that allows to produce music: creation of melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing of sounds. It is a MultiMedia Studio for music that competes with commercial products like Fruity Loops.
LMMS is able to edit beats, loops and MIDI sound tracks and is able to apply a number of special effects to music projects. In addition to editing music, it can playback the tracks you're working on also in edit mode. LMMS MultiMedia Studio is also a drum machine. It can edit and play many different file formats with the most important being OGG and MP3 files, along with typical WAV support. It contains a virtual piano which creates MIDI tracks and the 64-channel music mixer which supports an enormous amount of effects.
Its main features are:
- Song-Editor for composing songs.
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines.
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies.
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities.
- Many powerful instrument and effect plugins out-of-the-box.
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources.
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI.
- Import of MIDI files, Hydrogen project files and FL Studio ® project files.
Additionally, this extension also contains the Dia editor for drawing diagrams, which was included in the previous version of this extension.