Floating quick controls for Google Play Music
Music bubbles is a minimal remote which allows you to quickly control Google Music without having to fumble around to find the right tab. It embeds itself into any website you visit but remains in any unobtrusive location you place it in.
- Become a bubble ninja! Follow the quick tutorial to master all the controls!
Quick access to:
- Volume control (scroll mouse button)
- Track info card
- Song progress bar
- Launch or activate Google Play Music tab
- Dims into background when not used
- Move it around to your preferred location
- Quick tutorial to get you used to it
- Easily blacklist it from certain sites
- Preference to hide it completely when Google Play Music is not active
Update to fix issues caused by some recent updates to Google Play Music.
- Quick move! Just drag the bubble wherever you want it
- Hide the bubble until you next refresh the page
- Autohide bubble when page is less than 400px
- Many, many, bugfixes
- Updated tutorial. You really should rewatch it.
Some users have raised concerns over the permissions which this extension requires. Unfortunately due to the nature of the functionality of the extension itself this cannot be helped. The extension never reads any content from webpages or sends any data or metadata to any external servers. The only communication is between the Bubble itself and the Google Play Music tab to pass commands and song information.
The code has now been released under GPLv3 licence on GitHub so you can get your geekiest friend to verify that the above claims are true.
You may also improve on it as you deem necessary!