Open multiple URLs or search for several words using Google search, each one in a new tab.
v1.5 release notes (2016-05-14):
- Fixed the issue where the extension searched only in google.com.br. Now it is possible to change the search domain for Google. Default is ".com" but you can specify any other like ".com.br", ".se", ".co.uk", etc.
- Added a small delay between the creation of each tab, making it smoother.
- Change in the user interface: instead of having to first select the action (Open or Search) and then hitting the "Search" button, now there are two different buttons, "Search Google" and "Open URLs". One click instead of two. ;-)
- Some internal refactors and small bug fixes have been performed.
v1.4 release notes (2014-02-06):
- Updated extension manifest to be compliant with manifest extensions v2.
- Fixed a bug which limited the number of tabs created.
- Now tabs are created but not set as active, not disturbing the user's work on the currently active tab.
Do you know when you have a list of words to search for in Google, or a list of URLs to open, and you think "Holy crap, here we go again opening several tabs manually, one for each search / URL ..."? This is so annoying and time consuming, isn't it?
Multiple Tabs Search extension solves this issue for you by letting you type or paste several words or URLs and then open them all automatically, each one in a separate tab. Give it a try!
This extension is specially helpful for those who search a lot for music (MP3, videos, etc), since it lets you remove some well known websites from the search result.
- When typing / pasting URLs, make sure to use full qualified values, or else it will not work as expected. Ex.: instead of www.google.com, type http://www.google.com; Works with other URI schemes too, such as file:///, ftp://, and more.
- This extension stores, locally in your browser internal storage, the web sites you have chosen to remove from the search result and also the options you select on the extension popup window. If you want to reset these options, just press the "Reset settings" button.
- This extension does not keep any personal data neither sends any information you type to third part services.
- A delay of 400 milliseconds is used between each tab creation. This is for not hitting Google too hard and also to avoid browser to become unresponsive.