The view from Lick Observatory overlooking San Jose and Mt. Hamilton.
Allows easy navigation of the terrestrial and satellite images for Mt. Hamilton.
- Displays the Mt. Hamilton terrestrial "HamCam" images.
- Displays the west coast satellite images for IR, Visible, Water Vapor, and Fog.
- Also includes the current Clear Sky Clock image for Mt. Hamilton.
The terrestrial images display the recent views from Mt. Hamilton:
- Overlooking San Jose to the west,
- The 120 inch dome to the east, and
- The APF dome also to the west.
Additionally, Sky-Cam image is accessible: This is a wide-angle camera pointed "up" and takes periodic images of the full sky over Mt. Hamilton.
Note that the terrestrial images are "black" at night (though the city lights of San Jose are sometimes visible). Likewise the All-Sky-Cam image is saturated during the daytime; and only usable at night (and when the sky is clear).
Built with Sencha Touch 1.0