LibLime Koha ILS modifications targeted to the staff of Madison Public Library in Wisconsin's South Central Library System
This add-on was developed primarily for the Madison Public Libraries of the South Central Library system. It addresses minor bugs in LibLime Koha and adds small features to make the UI more efficient for library staff. It has been tested for the LibLime Koha ILS releases and is intended for use by the South Central Library System member libraries in Wisconsin.
* Sort all lists of SCLS libraries in LibLime Koha
* Always show the list of Session Checkouts at the top of the screen rather than under the lists of waiting holds and patron messages.
* Standardize formatting of patron info when adding a new record
** Capitalized text, lowercase email address
** Generate a patron's middle initial when applicable
** City/state field for Madison address changed to "MADISON WI"
* Sort an item's checkout history by the checkout date in descending order by default, and allow staff to sort by checkout date, due date, or return date in either ascending or descending order
* Print a patron's barcode number using the receipt printer
* Automatically generate PSTAT value and zip codes when possible for all Wisconsin addresses; if successful, select the geographically closest library in Madison, a particular county, or all of SCLS
* Validate addresses against the list of unacceptable (non-residential) Madison addresses and alert staff when one has been entered
* Generate an expiration date when issuing library cards at UW-Madison dorm addresses and leave explanatory note for library staff
* Auto-completing the OPAC login field with the patron's barcode number
* Add custom patron messages
* Automatically selects "digests only"; Hold notifications checked for juvenile accounts created from the "add child" button
* Generates middle initials for patrons
* Creates an MPL logo icon which toggles to display a list of "Quick Links."
* "MPL Quick Links" dropdown menu includes additional features to automatically generate payment plan notes and to find the PSTAT value based on the patron's secondary address
* Addon maintenence/improving efficiency