Provides quick commands from your browser’s address bar to search on popular movie sites.
This extension is a great tool to help you discover movies easily and conveniently. Instead of typing the URL of the site, going to the site, and typing again to look for a movie or a show, our extension provides you with a shortcut to perform a quick search using simple commands directly from your Chrome’s address bar.
Here is how it works after the extension has been added to your Chrome:
Step 1: Go to the address bar and type @; a list of five default movie sites and their respective hotkeys will show up in the autocomplete results.
Step 2: Type the hotkey of the site you want to search on, after the @ symbol. For instance, the command “@imdb” stands for IMDB. Check out the “special features” section below for the full list of hotkeys that you can use.
Step 3: Leave one-character space after the hotkey and type the name of the film or show that you are looking for. For instance, the command will look like “@imdb titanic” if you want to look for “Titanic” on IMDB.
Step 4: Choose one of the autocomplete suggestions and you will be redirected to IMDB’s results page.
Permissions used and reasons:
1. Access to “contextMenus”. We require this permission to customize the drop-down menu of the extension’s browser icon to provide a better user experience.
2. Access to “alarms”. We need this permission as a timer in order to send you a rating notification after you install our extension.
3. Access to “notifications". We need this permission to send you a user survey.
4. Access to “cookies”. We need this permission in order to provide more user tutorials while you use our extension.
5. Change default search settings to our domain moviefindersearch.com, powered by Yahoo. We require this permission in order to use our private search domain as a placeholder. In this extension, we also support Google and Bing. If you would like to choose a different option, you can do so under ‘Settings’.
Chrome™ is a trademark of Google LLC. The use of it does not imply any affiliation to or endorsement by Google LLC.
Want to remove the extension from your browser? You can open your Chrome browser’s Settings and find our extension on the Extensions page. Click “remove” and it will be completely removed.
If you have more questions about our extension, Take a look at the answers below:
Terms and Conditions: https://www.moviefinderhub.com/terms
Contact Us: https://www.moviefinderhub.com/contact