Mortal Kombat Karnage a fighting Chrome Game
Mortal Kombat is the first video arcade game of the Mortal Kombat saga and the third in the chronology of its history, was released in 1992 from Midway Games for Arcade.
Mortal Kombat featured 5 buttons, two for fists and two for kicks (both high and low), and a lock button. The blockade was special because other arcade games of the genre used a system that involved keeping the lever behind. In Mortal Kombat keeping the lever behind could move the character back, but still in that position could counterattack. It created a barrier between the players, those experienced in the Mortal Kombat system and those adapted to the Street Fighter system.
The funny thing about the arcade game is that each of the characters present were real actors who gave their image thanks to the digital capture of movements through stop motion, giving a greater realism to the game. In Goro's case, an animated clay figure was used with the same technique.
• Liu Kang: Shaolin Monk belonging to the Order of the White Lotus, to which belonged the Great Kung Lao, defeated centuries ago by Prince Goro. He comes in representing the Shaolin.
• Sonya Blade: Lieutenant of the Special Forces of the United States. He accidentally enters the tournament to arrest the criminal Kano.
• Johnny Cage: He is a well-known actor of Holywood characterized by his excellent and questioned talent for the combat. Come in to demonstrate your skills.
• Kano: Criminal, mercenary and smuggler, leader of the Black Dragon, one of the most dangerous criminal organizations in the world. He is pursued by Sonya Blade and the Special Forces.
• Raiden: Known as the God of Thunder, Raiden accepts an invitation from Shang Tsung.
• Sub-Zero: Ninja belonging to the Lin Kuei clan, controls the cold at will. He is believed to have been hired to liquidate Shang Tsung.
Scorpion: Also, a ninja but a former member of the Shirai Ryu clan. It is a specter that enters the tournament to avenge his own death, that of his family and clan at the hands of Sub-Zero.