Modify HTTP request and response headers
The most popular Chrome extension to modify headers
** What can ModHeader do?**
- Add, modify, and remove request and response headers
- Use ModHeader to set X-Forwarded-For, Authorization, Access-Control-Allow-Origin, etc.
- Modify cookies in request / response header
- Redirect URL with another
- Enable header modification by URLs
- Advanced filtering by tab, tab group, or window
** Where is tab lock **
- Tab lock has been redesigned as Tab Filter and can be found in the + button. It is still available for free users.
** Why ModHeader **
- ModHeader is fast, efficient, and light-weight. You can quickly enable/disable header modification with just 1-2 clicks.
- ModHeader provides you with many convenient features that will help you increase your development velocity with the least amount of frictions. Check out the big list the features below!
- ModHeader is free to use, with a paid option to unlock even more features.
- ModHeader works on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera.
- ModHeader is used by over 550,000+ users on Chrome Web Store!
** ModHeader features **
- Add comments to header
- One-click "undo" if you made a mistake
- Support having multiple profiles with quick switching between profiles
- Export and import profile
- Easily share your profiles with others
- Customize autocomplete names and values
- Dark mode support
- Sorting headers and name, value, or comments
- Append value to existing request or response header
- Customizable profile badge
- Clone profile
- Cloud backup
** What is new in 4.0.17 **
- Allow ModHeader to read from managed storage (for enterprise)
- Fix CSS not loading correctly
** What is new in 4.0.16 **
- Add regex cookie matching and ability to retain cookie value while modifying its attributes
** What is new in 4.0.15 **
- Add support for Time filter
** What is new in 4.0.14 **
- Dependency upgrades and some minor bug fixes
** What is new in 4.0.12 **
- Support auto-sync profile import: https://docs.modheader.com/profiles/auto-sync-profile
- Remove support for dynamic value as Firefox addon policy and Manifest V3 both disallow it. If you need this feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to figure out how to support your use-case.
** What is new in 4.0.10 **
- Profile search support
- Auto expand left panel on tab view
** What is new in 4.0.9 **
- Minor UI updates
** What is new in 4.0.8 **
- Support reordering profile, headers, and filters.
** What is new in 4.0.7 **
- Fix profile switching not working
** What is new in 4.0.6 **
- Add link to create login URL to quickly login to additional browser / browser profile.
** What is new in 4.0.4 **
- Fix crash due to tabs not found
- Fix ModHeader not working on older browser
** What is new in 4.0.0 **
- Support enhanced cookie modification
- Replace tab lock with tab filter, along with tab group and window filter
- Support autocomplete customization
- Dark mode support
- Keyboard commands mapping
- Give users more controls over share profile URLs
- Paid subscription required for some of the newly introduced features. Most existing features should continue to work for free users.
** Older changelogs **
** Permissions **
ModHeader currently requires 6 permissions:
"webRequest" and "webRequestBlocking" are required in order for request headers modification to work. Because ModHeader doesn't know ahead of time which website the modification should apply to, it needs to request permissions for all URLs (3). "storage" permission is needed to save settings to the cloud. "contextMenus" is used to enable quick pause/unpause by right-clicking on the icon. "alarm" is used to periodically auto-sync profiles (if auto-sync is setup).
** Source code **
** User guide **
** Automation **
For Selenium WebDriver users, please try:
To find ModHeader on other browsers, visit modheader.com