Test responsive web designs or mobile pages that detect specific user agents. Test multiple devices at the same time!
The Mobile/Responsive Web Design Tester extension allows Web Designers and Developers to test their web pages against common mobile, phablet and tablet devices by emulating the user agent and screen resolution. Excellent for testing responsive web designs. Easily switch between portrait and landscape mode and test multiple mobile device's at the same time!
Very helpful when your site is in development and testing on actual devices can be difficult.
Although using feature detection is best practice, there are still situations that come up in which you need to detect a devices user agent. The Mobile/Responsive Web Design Tester is unique in that it not only emulates device resolution, but also the device's user agent.
** Version 2.1 (7/30/2015)
- Added a couple new devices
** Version 2.0 (4/5/2015) **
- Added option for enabling/disabling swipe imitation
- Added support for mouse wheel scrolling while in swipe imitation mode
- Added portrait and landscape buttons to make switching between the two modes easier
** Version 1.9 (11/20/2014) **
- Added back button
** Version 1.8 (11/19/2014) **
- Bug fix in scrolling
** Version 1.7 (11/18/2014) **
- Implemented better scrolling
** Version 1.5 (11/16/2014) **
- Updated/added new devices
- Updated layout
- Added donate button
- Didn't change anything, but mouse scroll worked in this round of development. Hopefully it works for everyone in production. We'll see.
- Corrected bug that occurred on https pages.