A minimal, less attention grabbing, internet experience.
! EXPERIMENTAL ! This extension is in beta for chromium based browsers and so, might not work properly. You can help by reporting issues here: https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues
Minimal is a browser extension to experience a minimal, less attention grabbing internet experience. Internet should be a tool, not a trap.
Minimal is driven by core values:
- The user must actively make choices by themselves.
- A user should easily find the content they are searching for on a page, not the content a platform wants them to see.
- A service provider can convince the user to use their platform, but only through their services' inner quality.
This extension is being developed for the greater good, its an open source project, you can check the code and contribute here: https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal.
Some details to know:
- All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- Minimal is fully transparent about what it does once installed, being open source and well documented. Minimal has no effect on the website themselves, minimal is an add-on that allows you to customize your experience while browsing on the internet.
- Minimal does not collect any data.
- Your browser will require you to add permissions for minimal to access any website. Those permissions are necessary for minimal to be able to add the stylesheets and the scripts needed for its functioning. If this requirement frighten you, it's a good thing, you should not accept to give permissions that easily. In the case of Minimal, you should know that it is an open-source add-on, everyone is free and invited to check its source code.
If you encounter any problem while using minimal, please create a new issue https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues.
If you spot something that you think minimal should act upon on a common website let us know by creating a ticket here https://gitlab.com/aupya/minimal/issues.