Display a tree of bookmarks under a toolbar button, and search your bookmarks in the omnibox using the keyword 'bm'.
This extension adds a button to Chrome in the top right corner (next to the settings hamburger). When you click the button you get a tree of your bookmarks with folders that you can open and close by clicking them. A simple -non obtrusive- sliding animation is applied to the opening and closing of folders.
You can open bookmarks in the following ways:
- click: open in current tab
- middle-click (scrollwheel): open in new tab and close minimal bookmarks tree
- ctrl+click: open in new tab and keep minimal bookmarks tree open
You can also right click a folder and click "Open all" to open all bookmarks in that folder in tabs.
Right click also let's you edit/delete bookmarks and folders.
The tree uses simple folder icons that show their state (open/close) and also shows the favicons for the websites you've bookmarked.
The extension remembers which folders were open, so you can leave your favorite folders open at all times.
Additionally the extension enables you to search through your bookmarks and bookmark folders easily by entering 'bm' into the URL bar (or "omnibox" as chrome calls it) and then type your search terms. It is not and will not be possible to search in the popup window itself because this wouldn't add anything to the extension; it would just duplicate behaviour.
The extension needs permission to view and edit your bookmarks, but will only ever edit bookmarks if you instruct it to, it will never change bookmarks on its own.
Minimal bookmarks tree is completely open source and available on github: https://github.com/rpkamp/chrome-minimal-bookmarks-tree
Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
* Fix omnibox search
* Add larger icons for retina screens
* Add white icons for bookmark button
* Code cleanup
* When opening all tabs from the popup window it will now start with the first bookmark in a newly opened tab (like it used to be before v2.2.2), whereas if you open all bookmarks from a folder in the omnibox (by searching using keyword 'bm') it will open the first bookmark in the current tab. Reasoning being if you're typing in the tab you probably want to navigate using that tab, whereas if you're using the popup you probably won't.
* Fix default omnibox suggestions
* When opening all tabs start in current tab
* Added German translation
* Fix position of context menus
* Re-add ordering bookmarks/folders using drag and drop
* Heavy rewrite of the extension. It is even more lightweight now!
* You can now open all bookmarks in a folder from the omnibox. Type 'bm' and then the name of a folder and select it from the suggestions
* Restyle of the options page
* Added donation button to options page. If you like my extension, buy me a beer :)
* Fixed bug where editing a bookmark would forget the new URL if you edit it again.
* No longer requires 'tab' permission, since it was not needed anyway. The extension uses features from the 'tab' API, but the permission was only required for more advanced API features than this extension uses.