Beautifully interrupts mindless browsing, and gets you back to your life.
Entirely in your control.
You specify which sites you'd like to be mindful about your time on, and provide a list of things you'd generally rather do instead.
Mindful Browsing doesn't block you from visiting sites - it simply asks if you'd like to visit, and if so, reminds you 10 minutes later.
Mindful Browsing features stunning photographs from some of the world's best landscape photographers. If you're a photographer and are interested in having your work featured, email email@example.com.
Free. Open. Safe.
Mindful Browsing was built by me, Steven Skoczen, to help with my own mindless browsing. Friends liked it, so I made it available for free on the chrome store.
Mindful Browsing doesn't track any of your activity, and the code is open-source so that you (or a geeky friend) can verify nothing sneaky is going on.
I hope you Mindful Browsing makes your life a bit better. If you have ideas, I'd love to hear from you.
Note: If you're looking for a way to block sites entirely, there are a host of other extensions out there. Do a search for stay focused, or block site, or study blocker. A lot of people have built ways to completely block sites for a period of time. Mindful Browsing isn't one of them - we believe that it's better to learn to be mindful about browsing than relying on a computer to enforce it. Think of it this way: if you hurt your leg, in the long run, would you rather do rehab and build your muscles, or use crutches for the rest of your life? :)
- Updates to Chrome Extension V3 permissions. This means the extension no longer needs the tabs or webNavigation permissions. Hooray for fewer permissions!
- Adds new images.
- Updates all images to SSL, so no warning appears on secured sites.
- Fixed a bug that was causing images not to load.
- Lots of new images, now changing daily
- Hides the confirmation for small popups (like Facebook and Twitter's "Authorize this app" screens.)
- Saves the daily image locally, for much faster and prettier responses.
- A few odds and ends, like better fonts support, some tweaked spacing, and other beauties.
- Fixes a couple bugs, including close button and empty lists.
- Makes edit popup easier to read.
- Even better credit of the incredible photographers we feature.
- Initial release.