Adds smooth scrolling for the middle button auto-scroll and improves the UI.
No setup necessary, it simply adds Firefox like autoscrolling to Chrome. The ability to tweak the sensitivity might come in a future version if it is requested.
For the Safari 5 version of this extension visit: http://gnuu.org/2010/06/26/announcing-middlebuttonscroll-for-safari-5/
Note: This plugin requires Chrome 5.x (beta or dev branch). There is a bug in the stable branch (4.x) that disables this plugin from working: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=29826 - to upgrade, go to http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel
Note: This plugin will tell you it needs to access "Your data on all websites". The plugin does not actually touch any of your data (the source is freely available below for those interested), but it does need to run on all of your pages. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the scroller on your pages otherwise. This URL explains the issue in more detail: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=30636989775092ba&hl=en
Note: this plugin along with all others are disabled on https://chrome.google.com (including this page) for security reasons. You'll have to test it somewhere else :)
1.1.0: December 20 2010
- Fix triggering of events when mouse button is let go
1.0.7/1.0.8: April 9 2010
- End autoscroll with left or right click
- 1.0.8 is a re-release of 1.0.7 with a minor bugfix (removes a JS error from being logged)
1.0.6: April 7 2010
- Fix issue where scroll did not activate on certain parts of a page
1.0.5: April 6 2010
- Fix freezing issue
- Fix icon position issue with relative body positioning
1.0.4: April 5 2010
- Fix scroll icon position for pages with body margins
1.0.3: April 5 2010
- Fixed scrolling activation on certain websites
- Enforce minimum Chrome version of 5.x to use this plugin
1.0.2: April 5 2010
- Tweaked sensitivity to allow for slower scrolling.
- No longer scrolls upwards when inside the panscroll icon.
1.0.1: April 5 2010
- Fixed middle click for image elements
- Better scroll handling for certain pages
1.0.0: April 4