Protect yourself against online threats, like phishing and malicious websites, with real-time protection from Microsoft.
Currently supported region(s): United States
The Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension helps protect you against online threats, such as links in phishing emails and websites designed to trick you into downloading and installing malicious software that can harm your computer.
If you click a malicious link in an email or navigate to a site designed to trick you into disclosing financial, personal or other sensitive information, or a website that hosts malware, Microsoft Defender Browser Protection will check it against a constantly updated list of malicious URLs known to Microsoft.
If the malicious link matches one on the list, Microsoft Defender Browser Protection will show a red warning screen letting you know that the web page you are about to visit is known to be harmful, giving you a clear path back to safety with one click.
Privacy statement: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
• Continuously updated list of reported harmful sites
• Protects against phishing sites and socially engineered malware sites
• Real-time indicator of harmful sites and website status
• V1.62 – Initial Release
• V1.63 – Fixed Chromebook issue
• V1.65 – Added “Report Suspicious Site” feature, and ability to
demonstrate the extension’s protection
• V1.66 – Improve protection and performance. Add Group Policy