Useful to inspect the meta data found inside web pages, usually not visible while browsing.
Many fixes, detailed list of header tags, improved video detection, and introducing UI translations in italian, spanish and japanese, improved JSON-LD, large images detection, resource hints tags and more.
Please give me feedback about translations, more are coming.
Meta data is not just the usual HTML meta tags, but the XFN tags, various microformats, the recently introduced canonical attribute, the no-follow links and so on.
This extension is mainly aimed at web developers that need to verify the HTML of their site to follow the Webmasters' Google Guidelines, but even to who is curious about any page contents that are usually not visible, but can reveal interesting site properties.
Alerts are shown when the meta data is not within certain ranges, for example when the description tag is too short, or too long.
There are links to info-sites ( mainly SEO-oriented ) pointing to the exact page about the site you are watching. Feel free to request new links, I'll add only the good ones (there are many sites all showing the same data).
• svg inside anchor correctly handled (thanks Евгений Горяев for pointing out)
• missing apple-touch-icon check
• more info about external resources
• more fixes to the upcoming print/export option
• fixed an issue with sections info appearing after being closed
• added stylesheets in links section
• moved msapplication-* links in presentation section
• improved the CMS section and moved to the explore tab
• UI improvements
• localization improvements
• added x-ua-compatible detection
• moved Sailthru and Dublin Core inside "structured data / other"
• added httpEquiv handling
2.4.2 - new option to hide changelog on update, new info text in some sections, more info on inline svg, warning on missing doctype, info on missing html lang attribute, removed the A REL / XFN that is now included in the anchors area, getting ready for a print/export option
2.4.1 - renamed video section to 'video and audio', fixed an issue with video links, more info about external resources
2.4 - renamed script section to 'external resources' and improved resources info, split 'page data' section in 'SEO check' and 'explore', added sticky headers to data-tables
2.3.9 - more info on external scripts with industry type and some extra details, also moved apple-itunes-app to mobile section
See previous changelogs at https://www.omiod.com/meta-seo-inspector/