Shows alert if web page is generated from an outdated version of WordPress, Joomla, MediaWiki, or other web software.
Meta Generator Version Check checks the meta generator tag, that is sometimes placed in web pages, to see if the web page is generated from an outdated version of web software.
It currently includes checks for:
• WordPress versions prior to 4.7
• Joomla versions prior to 3.6.4
• MediaWiki versions prior to 1.23.15, 1.26.4, and 1.27.1
• vBulletin versions prior to 4.2.2
• TYPO3 versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and versions prior to 6.2
• concrete5 versions prior to 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 8.0.2
• SPIP versions prior to 2.1.29 and 3.0.20
• Exponent CMS versions prior to 2.4.0
• Zinnia versions prior to 0.15.2
• Revive Adserver (formerly OpenX) versions prior to 3.2.4
• WooFramework versions prior to 6.1.4
If you see that we are missing a check for software that provides a meta generator tag with version information please let us know so that we can include that in the extension.
If you are unsatisfied with the extension in any way, please get in touch with us to get a refund.
You can keep track of what versions of concrete5, Joomla, MediaWiki, Revive Adserver, SPIP, TYPO3, and WordPress are running on all of the websites you manage with our Up to Date? Chrome app, which is available at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/up-to-date/gfdibfaafmpljichhkbgbegfoinihnab
1.1.17: Now checks for WordPress versions prior to 4.7.
Now checks for concrete5 5.7 versions prior to 22.214.171.124 and 8 versions prior to 8.0.2.
1.1.16: Now checks for Exponent CMS versions prior to 2.4.0.
Now checks for Joomla versions prior to 3.6.4.
1.1.15: Now checks for WordPress versions prior to 4.6.1