Use Messenger (Unofficial) from within your browser
NOTE: WE ARE NOT FACEBOOK AND WE ARE NOT RELATED TO THEM: WE ARE INDIE DEVELOPERS PROVIDING AN EXTENSION TO CHROME USERS.
Use Messenger (Unofficial) from within your browser.
It allows you to open your FB mailbox to send and receive messages.
Not only for mobile phones. Now you can use Messenger from Google Chrome!
It's an amazing way to get in touch with your contacts without wasting time.
Messenger is easy to use and it's the best solution for any Facebook user.
We know that a solution like an embedded popup may be a better solution, but due to some new technical details, there are some problems with Facebook website.
For more information, visit the following websites.
Tech details: http://goo.gl/GeRZ1
If you like this application, you can make a donation to support the development.
- after writing a message, you can hit TAB+ENTER to send it automatically
- although screenshot language is Italian, the app is localized with your local language (English, Spanish, etc...), since it's related to your account
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WHO IS UPDATING:
Due to new Google policies - http://blog.chromium.org/2013/12/keeping-chrome-extensions-simple.html - the extension is now only focused on FB Messages.
A complementary extension for Facebook mobile surfing is Facebook Mobile View:
IMPORTANT NOTICE RELATIVE TO EXTENSION NAME CHANGE:
Due to Google Chrome Web Store policies, we have been forced to change the name of the application to Messenger (Unofficial). The "unofficial" term highlights the fact we are not related to FB, since we are indie developers.
For any suggestion, please write us an email through the options page of the extension.
Changelog for version 2.1.6:
- small updates in last changelog version
Changelog for version 2.1.5:
- new name and icon for the extension
Changelog for version 2.1.4:
- as previous version: new version number due to Chrome issues
Changelog for version 2.1.3:
- due to previous update, a message is shown to the users, specifying the possibility to set a custom window size
Changelog for version 2.1.2:
- removed unused internal files
- changed the way messages from developers are shown, in favor of a dynamic behavior, with the aim of reducing updates frequency
Changelog for version 2.1.1:
- since many of you have small graphical issues with default sizes, from the options page it's possible to set a custom size for the displayed window
Changelog for version 2.1.0:
- update to the message from developers shown
Changelog for version 2.0.9:
- minor fix
Changelog for version 2.0.8:
- update to the page showing other similar extensions, showing information about our new WhatsPlus extension
- default window size is now configured to small
Changelog for version 2.0.7:
- due to your comments, added a message which specifies that you can configure the extension to show a small/big window
Changelog for version 2.0.5 to 2.0.6:
- internal versions
Changelog for version 2.0.4:
- minor bug fix
Changelog for version 2.0.3:
- minor bug fix for pinned functionality
Changelog for version 2.0.2:
- two different window sizes functionality is now supported back
- bug fix relative to a formatting issue on Windows systems
- included a top-left back button on the messages view
- minor bug fixes and formatting issues
Changelog for version 2.0.1:
- since many of you prefer having a small window, this update follows your wish. To go back to friends list, press the esc button
Changelog for version 2.0.0:
- new amazing user interface and system
- stay tuned: additional updates will come in the next weeks, to extend extension's functionalities
Changelog for version 1.9.9:
- as many of you requested, pinned extensions are now supported!!! (Note that if the browser is closed, notifications may not work properly)
Changelog for version 1.9.8:
- updated to new Google Chrome desktop notification API: notifications are back now!!!!!!!
Changelog for version 1.9.7:
- as suggested, it's now possible to set a larger FB Messenger window from the options page
Changelog for version 1.9.6:
- minor texts changes
Changelog for version 1.9.5:
- minor updates due to Facebook changes
Changelog for version 1.9.3:
- solved the bug inserting a final return line after sending a message through the return button
Changelog for version 1.9.2:
- minor bugfix
Changelog for version 1.9.1:
- minor bugfix
Changelog for version 1.9:
- notification sounds are now supported! If you don't want sounds, you can disable them on the options page
Changelog for version 1.8:
- top icon enhancements
Changelog for version 1.7:
- notifications now automatically close after some seconds
- during message showing, top header bar is now fixed
Changelog for version 1.6:
- minor bugfix
Changelog for version 1.5:
- a small amendment to the donate message
Changelog for version 1.4:
- new amazing fast messaging feature: as you have requested us, you can now send messages by pressing the enter button!! That's great!!
- support for changelog information inside the extension, shown when important updates are deployed
Changelog for version 1.3:
- integration with our Facebook Mobile View extension
- as you have requested, users are now notified of the new Facebook Mobile View extension, which is focused on the previous surfing functionality of Facebook Messenger
Changelog for version 1.2:
Changelog for version 1.1:
Accordingly to new Google Chrome Extensions policies, the app is now only focused on Facebook messages feature (in order to do that, permission have changed from the previous version, and you should accept new permissions - Very important: We don't collect your data!! We believe that users should always own their own data!!)
Changelog for version 1.0:
Options page for enabling and disabling desktop notifications
Changelog for version 0.99:
Support to desktop notifications: wow!
Thanks to your suggestions, Facebook Messenger for Google Chrome now haves desktop notification feature!!
Changelog for version 0.98:
Support to notifications!!
A notification count is shown if you've got new Facebook messages, to inform you someone wrote you!!
In order to do that, you have to be logged in to Facebook.
Upgrading the Chrome extension, some additional permissions are required: in particular, permission to access http://*.facebook.com and https://*.facebook.com pages.
This is needed to retrieve the amount of unread messages.
No additional data are retrieved nor stored by the application.
You own your information!!! That's a base principle for us!!