Downloads Facebook chats for reading offline and printing. Facebook chat downloader.
Download Facebook chat to your computer in VARIOUS FORMATS
- Changed the way of getting messages from Facebook because the old API stopped working
- Fixed downloading from business pages in new Facebook look (functions get_doc_title in saveChat.js and set_my_id_and_token_fan_page in dateOptions.js)
- Fixed downloading older chats from business pages
- Added the Time intervals option
- Fixed downloading from business pages + downloading Filtered chats
- Fixed fetching high resolution images
- Fixed loading older chats.
- Improved data loading, fixed extension hanging.
- Added the display of reactions.
- Updated the set of emoji.
- Added image names to CSV format.
HOW TO USE:
1) Go to your Facebook messages (facebook.com/messages or messenger.com)
2) Choose the chat you want to save.
3) Right-click on the extension's icon and choose 'Options'. In the opened tab choose how you want your chat to be saved (as plain text, formatted HTML, CSV or a zip-file).
- If you choose 'HTML' images, emoticons and other files in the chat will be embedded in the HTML file. They will still be kept in Facebook servers and might stop being displayed after some time due to their tokens expiration.
- If you choose 'zip file', the chosen items (images, emoticons, videos, etc.) will be saved locally to your computer and will be displayed in your chat as long as they are kept in the same folder as the HTML file. You can choose the type of files you want to save locally.
4) Return to the messages page and click the extension icon. If the pop-up window is unresponsive, switch a couple of times between your chats. This will refresh the extension, and it will start working. You can check how many messages there are in your chat by looking at the 'Total number of messages' field at the bottom of the pop-up window.
5) When the chat is ready, it will either be saved automatically to the default folder for downloads, or you will be prompted to choose a folder on your computer to save the file to (this depends on the settings of your browser).