Merlearn maximizes screen real estate and reduces clicks to help kids get started with e-learning.
How it started: My daughter, who started primary school this year, was asked to learn at home via SLS due to COVID-19. While assisting her in completing assignments, I figured out a few ways to make the website easier for her. I created Merlearn and wish it could help her as well as other kids become more independent.
- See more content on the screen
- Play video in full screen mode with a single click
- Scroll even if the mouse pointer is on right panel
- Print content only without side panels to save paper
- Know the question state clearly – colour-coded
- Dashboard - question summary and page navigation [since v1.1]
- Bigger font and highlighting text input & upload fields [since v1.2]
- Highlight fill in word box; font tweaking [Since v1.3]
- Maximize announcement popup; escape key to close; streamline fonts of mixed content [Since v1.4]
- Reduce font size when printing; increase line height [v1.5]
How to Use: Install Merlearn into your Chrome browser and you can then visit SLS.