Combine two Google sheets based on common columns.
Five simple steps of Merge Sheets will guide you through the process of joining data from two tables. You no longer need to waste your time on building complex VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formulas or copy-pasting data manually to join two sheets.
If you have at least one common column in both tables, e.g. product ID, the add-on will update current values for the same records and/or insert all the missing information.
You will benefit from Merge Sheets since it does the following in one go:
• Update existing values (e.g. replace old prices with new ones)
• Update all or only empty and new cells
• Bring only non-blank cells from the lookup sheet
• Pull additional columns with new records (e.g. add a column with discounts)
The tool quickly compares key columns and finds all the necessary updates, no vlookup formulas needed. Besides, there are ways to mark the changes:
- highlight them with colors
- identify them in a status column
- clear the existing colouring
You can use Merge Sheets whenever you need to merge two tables and draw the latest changes to the main one.
- Scenarios. Save the options you use most often and give this set a name – this is your scenario. Once you run it, your data will be processed right away, and you won't need to go over the same steps again.
- Match case. Consider records in key columns as matching only if they are written in the same text case.
- Increased cell limit support. Now you can merge data till hitting the limit of 5 million cells per a spreadsheet.
- If Data validation rules are violated on your sheet, the add-on now explains what cells interfere with its work.
- Couldn't select a lookup sheet if the main sheet is opened on Step 2.
- Update only if cells from the lookup sheet contain data: "0" (zero) was treated as an empty cell.
- UX; the add-on will offer the most possible actions and warn about possible mistakes and lags.
- Range selector UX. If you had slow Internet connection or server response, you could get an incorrect range. We've significantly reduced that possibility.
- Small screens and minor issues UIs.
- Performance. The new version of the add-on processes colored cells faster.
- Removing Alternating colors.
- Processing cells with dates.
- Corrupting main table formatting.
You can use sheets with any data amount! There is only one limitation - Google spreadsheet can’t contain more than 2 million cells.
-Formulas were replaced with values
-The add-on considered the same data with different format unequal
-Processing large amounts of data
-Progress bar with percentage has been added
-Auto select range
We introduced yearly subscriptions, you can still enjoy a fully-functional trial version of the add-on for 30 days.
-The add-on prevented from choosing a sheet on Step 2
If you have any questions about the add-on, please post them here: https://www.ablebits.com/docs/howto-merge-google-sheets/
We'll be help to assist!