Record Google Meet captions, chat messages, and screenshots to Google Docs.
1. Automatically save live meeting captions.
2. Saves chat messages when the right sidebar is open.
3. Option to disable transcribing a meeting or portions of it.
4. Option to take screenshots during a meeting.
5. Option to hide captions from appearing on the screen.
6. Transcripts include meeting name, timestamps, and speakers.
1. There is no tracking, no telemetry, and no analytics implemented.
2. Storage permission is requested to store user settings and Google Drive access token locally.
3. (Optional) All URLs permission is requested so that the user can take screenshots. See FAQ for technical details.
4. Access to the user's Google Drive account is used to store the transcripts.
5. Recording is performed locally on the user's machine and sent directly to the user's Google Drive account.
1. Personally identifiable information, Personal communications, and Website Content - Meet Transcript records your Google Meet captions, chat messages, and screenshots on your computer and sends them directly to your Google Drive account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: When I enable "Show screenshot button" in the Meet Transcript settings page, I get a popup requesting permission to "read and change all your data on the websites you visit." Why does it need access to all sites?
Answer: The screenshot feature uses the captureVisibleTab API to take screenshots when requested by the user. The API stipulates that either the "All URLs" or the "ActiveTab" permission is needed. However, the screenshot feature requires the "All URLs" permission because a custom button is created within the Google Meet UI for users to click.