A powerful media player built on top of the video.js project with HTTP Live Streaming (HSL), speed control, and playlist support
"Media Player" is a browser extension to play music and video files either locally or from online sources. This project aims to bring VLC like media playing experience by using native HTML5 technology. The add-on is built on top of the well-known "video.js" project by applying a few custom plug-ins to enhance the user experience. This player supports media boosting, speed control, playlist media selection, fullwidth-progress bar, HTTP-streaming (M3U8), and wave surfer visual for audio files.
You can start watching an offline video file by drag and drop the video file into the player or by pressing the big play button. To have the player load subtitle as well, make sure to drop both video and subtitle files together (The dropped subtitle should have the same name as the file and needs to be in SRT or VTT format). Also, you can add a subtitle file later using the "+CC" button. This button appears when there is no subtitle found for the current track.
You can use your keyboard to control the following playback options:
1. "F" key: This will toggle the fullscreen mode on and off
2. "Space" key: This will toggle the playing state of the player
3. "Key Up" and "key Down": These keys can be used to increase or decrease volume.
4. "Key Left" and "Key Right": These keys can be used to seek backward and forward for 10 seconds.
5. "U" key: Shuffle playlist
6. "R" key: Toggle repeat, repeat one, and no-repeat
7. "S" key: Take s screenshot
8. "B" key: Boost volume (2x or 200%)
9. "O" key: Open network URLs
This extension also supports media keys even if the player is not focused. Additionally, the mouse wheel can also be used to increase or decrease the volume.
1. Media Player now supports history (it will save the current track position and retrieves it after a restart)
2. Media player now supports global keyboard shortcuts for toggle pause and play state, move to the previous track and move to the next track
1. Better playlist!
1. For audio tracks, a seek-able wave-surfer is replaced the old poster image
2. playback rate is now adjustable.
1. Supports live stream (m3u8)
2. Supports folder drop and recursive media file search
1. Partial support for MKV video container is added
1. Better support for video/mkv format