This is an extension to look up and edit MC Personalization Cookie User IDs
This extension helps you test MC Personalization integrations by accessing the _evga_ cookie.
It includes the following functionality:
1. Show details of an existing _evga_ cookie, including cookie name, cookie domain and your anonymousId or persisted ID (more about MCP cookies: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/marketing/personalization/guide/web-integration.html?q=_evga_).
2. Remove the _evga_ and _sfid_ cookies, e.g. to make MC Personalization generate a new cookie and anonymous ID.
3. Update or set a new _evga_ cookie to make it use specific ID values. To set a cookie you first need the extension to track an _evga_ cookie from the actual domain. The extension saves the cookie details in your local browser storage to reuse it when setting a cookie.
Known & possible issues:
- The extension might not be able to distinguish between multiple _evga_ cookies set by MCP instances/datasets, for example because of running different SDKs on the same domain.
- Buttons (especially deletion) sometimes do not react: Please try to close and open the extension frame.
- The ID shown in the extension is not available in MCP: The extension is showing the anonymous ID, usually created by the WebSDK and stored in the cookie. For various reasons (e.g. known user) it is possible that MCP does not use/provide this ID in the user profile.
- Deletion does not create a new user: It is possible that MCP uses additional IDs to identify the user. In that case, even when we set a new anonymous ID, it does not lead to a new user record.
The behvior of MCP and it's WebSDK differs based on your implementation, sitemap, configuration, CMS, etc. This browser extension might not work with every implementation. Right now there are no plans to extend any functionality.
This extension is not a product of Salesforce, Inc. or supported by Salesforce in any way.