Limiting the number of tabs opened at the same time in a single window.
MaxTabs let you design rules for how many tabs you allow yourself to create in a single window, and what the action should be if this limit is violated.
The extension is useful for anyone with a bad habit of opening too many tabs.
The possible options when opening too many tabs is:
- Close least recently active tab
- Close least recently updated tab
- Close tab that has been opened for longest
- Close a random tab
- Close leftmost tab
- Prevent a new tab from being opened
- Show notification when opening too many tabs
The default action is to show a notification when opening too many tabs, so the extension will not remove any of your tabs before you change the settings.
Source code: https://github.com/thorebear/MaxTab