Highlight and add notes to any text on the web with Markit.
If you want to mark and remember parts of articles, documentation, or any other web page, now you can.
How it works:
1) Drag the mouse over text to mark it, and highlight it with one simple keyboard command (Ctrl+E for Windows. Command+E for Mac).
2) Double-click any existing highlight and enter notes for it in the pop-up prompt.
3) Hold the mouse over a highlight that you've added a note for and it will show up. To make it easier to know which highlights have notes and which don't, ones that have notes will also appear underlined when you hover over it.
4) Double click a highlight to edit or remove your note.
5) When you return to the URL any time in the future, your highlights and notes will be there.
6) To unhighlight the block of text, select any part of previously highlighted text and again hit (Ctrl+E for Windows. Command+E for Mac).
7) Clear stored highlights and notes for the URL you're on with another simple keyboard command (Ctrl+Shift+A for Windows. Command+Shift+A for Mac). Refresh the page and they will be gone.
Does not work with email or online PDFs.