The fastest and safest web browsing experience.
Malwarebytes Browser Extension BETA delivers a safer and faster web browsing experience. It blocks malicious websites while filtering out unwanted content (resulting in up to 3x faster webpage load times).
Made by the same folks who brought you Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, this is the world’s first browser extension that can identify and block previously-unidentified fake tech support scams and their tactics. It crushes pop-ups, browser hijacker and browser lockers with ease.
Malwarebytes Browser Extension BETA blocks clickbait links, stops in-browser cryptojackers (unwanted cryptocurrency miners), and gives other malicious content the boot.
This unobtrusive, lightweight tool also incorporates standard browser protection features, including ad blocking, ad tracker blocking, and known malicious websites.
• Protection from tech support scammers: Blocks browser hijackers, and browser lockers, which are used by scammers to drive victims to call centers that use scare tactics to sell expensive technical support.
• Faster web page load times: Popular websites download a lot of unwanted content in the background. By filtering out clickbait and ads, Malwarebytes Browser Extension BETA can speed up your webpage load time by up to 3x times, saving your sanity and bandwidth.
• Prevents visits to malicious pages: Protects you from inadvertently visiting bad websites that host malware content, load bitcoin miners in the background, which slow down your computer, steal your identity (phishing), and a long list of other obnoxious behaviors that can make your online experience less than stellar.
• Keeps your privacy private: Blocks third-party ad trackers that follow you around the Internet and target you with the same ads over and over again.
• Malware protection: Blocks malicious programs or code that can damage your system.
• Scam protection: Blocks online scams, including technical support scams, browser lockers, and phishing.
• Advertising/tracker protection: Blocks third-party ads and third-party ad trackers that monitor your online activity. The number of blocked ads/trackers for a website will show beside the Malwarebytes logo in your browser.
• Clickbait protection: Blocks content and websites that often display behavior of questionable value.
• Potentially unwanted program (PUP) protection: Blocks the downloading of potentially unwanted programs, including toolbars and pop-ups.