Neutralizes annoying parts of the Medium reading experience and lets you read again.
Medium is pretty annoying to read when you're not logged in. This extension quietly fixes that on any Medium publication you visit.
It makes your reading experience more bearable by:
* Keeping the top navigation bar from sticking around
* Hiding the bottom "Get Updates" bar completely
* Shrinking massive header images
* Hiding "posts meter" bar and Upgrade header button
* Hiding "Open in App" button on mobile
* Blocking the "pardon the interruption" popup
* (Optionally) hiding the clap / share bar
* (Optionally) loading all post images up front, instead of lazy loading as you scroll
* (Optionally) disabling the popup menu that appears when selecting text
This extension is open source software! Want to contribute? Feel free: https://github.com/thebaer/MMRA
**A note about permissions**: this extension currently needs access on all sites, as certain Medium publications exist on custom domains. You can verify there isn't anything funny going on by looking at the code, and submit a patch if you'd like to improve this!
* Remove unneeded 'browser_action' value (affects Firefox users)
* Block "Pardon the interruption" popup
* Hide DNT message
* Option to disable the popup menu that appears when selecting text
* Hide "posts meter" bar and Upgrade header button
* Hide "Open in App" button on mobile
* Fix Medium detection bug
* Automatically shrink massive header images
* Fix extension not applying after navigating to a post from a publication
* Add option to disable loading dynamic / lazy image loading