Makes mailto: links open a Gmail™ compose window.
Nothing more, nothing less.
* Note: Any existing tabs must be refreshed before the extension will take effect!
This extension will make mailto: links open in a Gmail compose window. Nothing more, nothing less.
* Supports Google Apps accounts
* Includes option of working on bcc: fields
* Option to open in new window rather than default tab
It supports to, cc, subject, and body (and optionally bcc) fields, and is made to be compatible with RFC2368, the mailto: scheme standard.
It doesn't modify the mailto:address itself, so you can still see the link in the status bar when you hover over it, which allows you to easily read the target at a glance.
Please note, some report the need to restart the browser for it to work. I have never had to, and can't figure out why it would be necessary, but if it's not working after installing, try a restart.
RFC2368 - The mailto URL scheme: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2368.html
mailto links test page: http://people.mozilla.org/~ctalbert/
* Unencoded "+" characters are now kept in fields.
* Now works on all frames in a page.