Create custom keyboard shortcuts to expand and replace text as you type!
Updated Feb 2021: With over 200,000+ users, we are the leading text expanding app in Google Chrome.
Tired of remembering zoom links, email addresses, phrases about your company, FAQs and/or frequent emails that you type repeatedly? Auto Text Expander can solve all of these and more.
This absolutely free, and ad-free, extension allows you to save time and increase accuracy by creating shortcuts and snippets of text you commonly use. You can free yourself from saving snippets in email drafts, Google Docs, Office Word, Evernote and other notepads by simply saving it in Auto Text Expander for Google Chrome 2021. Save time, typos, and the satisfaction of going back to things you love the most in your day.
** FEATURES **
- Customizable list of shortcuts to expand, which are synced across Chrome browsers you sign into. Can use this for website information, Zoom Links, URLs, and much more!
- Ability to quickly reference your saved shortcuts and snippets by clicking on the app link
- Automatically add today's date within your snippets, making them dynamic.
- Add your previous copied text on your clipboard into a saved snippet. This allows you to dynamically link data from LinkedIn, data from forms, spreadsheets, Salesforce or other CRMs, Customer support apps, recruiting software (ATS) and other websites within the snippet. Simply copy the text, and type in your snippet.
- Allow you to automatically place your cursor location after an expansion occurs. This can be helpful to place the cursor in email templates where we greet someone's name, or fill in other critical information.
Sales and Customer Success:
- Build pre-canned emails that are supported across all channels, including email, CRMs like Salesforce, Zendesk Sales, Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive, Oracle Sales, Insightly, Microsoft Dynamics, to sales channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Yelp and Twitter.
- Can allow you to send messages across multiple channels that your customers are on. This includes replying to customer service requests in Twitter Direct Messages, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram Desktop, to customer apps like Zendesk, Freshdesk, Email and SMS online.
Marketing and growth:
- Allow you to create a consistent branding across your users and customers. Can be used for advertising platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, and other marketing channels.
- Create snippets and shortcuts for social media marketing for easy reference
- Create snippets where you use scripts and code continually.
Human Resources (HR)
- Can be used for onboarding and off-boarding emails and messages. Can work across HRIS systems like Workday, Oracle HCM online, SAP SuccessFactors, IBM Kenexa, ADP, Ceridian, Gusto, Paychecks, and JustWorks.
- Build messages that are reused to check with hiring managers for internal mobility opportunities, performance reviews, and compliance related tasks
- Create emails and messages to outreach across all channels with candidates and hiring managers, which include email, messaging apps, social network channels like LinkedIn, hiring websites like Monster, Indeed, Craigslist, ZipRecruiter, Careerbuilder, Seek, College Recruiting sites, niche job boards. Can work across your ATS like Greenhouse, Lever, Jobvite, Taleo, iCIMS, Kenexa, Workday Recruiting, PageUp, Workable, SmartRecruiters, Bullhorn, to CRM systems like Avature, Phenom People, JazzHR, Ultimate Software (Ultipro), Newton, PeopleFluent, CATS, Snaphire, Freshworks, Upwork and many others.
Small Business and Entrepreneurs:
- Can help with brand consistency, allowing you to answer frequently asked questions by your customers via email or social media channels, and boost productivity while responding to email, to filling out forms.
- Can be used to send the same outbound message for hiring freelancers, getting a vacation home, sending your bio for dating websites, plus much more!
* LIMITATIONS **
- In 2021, a group of developers who loved the app decided to spend time and effort to really make the product better. We are looking to add support onto sites like Facebook, Twitter, and newer websites. During this time, we are going to put this product into Beta, and will listen to your feedback in making the product work in common apps and websites on the web. We will do our best in serving you.
Some current limitations include (So sorry!):
- The new HTML5 input fields of type "email" and "number" don't allow caret/cursor manipulation, so replacements are done at the end of the text instead.
- Some sites also use iframes that are on a different security protocol (http vs https, like say an embedded Google Docs form, Google Hangouts), and that will prevent the script from working as well.
- Chrome has storage limits, so expansions over a certain size or quantity will fail: [https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/storage#properties](https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/storage#properties)
- If you sign out of your browser, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LOCAL BACKUP. This backup is only done in Chrome's localstorage layer: for security, I cannot initiate a download of the JSON. Please save a copy of your shortcuts from the Import/Export dialog in the Options page!
We will be working hard on the above to clean this up for you.
* TRADEMARK & BRANDING NOTICE **
This is not a Google sponsored product. Google Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google permissions.
There are other text expanding apps like Auto Text Expander that are paid products, and have their respective limitations. As we work harder to make this app the best app possible, we want to give you alternatives in case the product does not work for you. These apps include TypeIt4Me, TextExpander, Text Blaze, Typinator, FastKeys, Keyboard Maestro and aText.