Create custom keyboard shortcuts to expand and replace text as you type!
Updated Aug 2021: With over 250,000 users from companies like Lyft, Uber, Indeed, LinkedIn, Google and others, we are the leading text expander, email template and messaging app in Google Chrome. The app name was formerly Auto Text Expander For Google Chrome.
Tired of remembering zoom links, email addresses, phrases about your company, FAQs and/or frequent email templates that you type repeatedly? Magical can solve all of these and more.
This absolutely free, and ad-free, extension allows you to save time and increase accuracy by creating shortcuts and snippets of text you commonly use. You can free yourself from saving snippets in Gmail, Outlook Zendesk, Google Sheets, Facebook, LinkedIn and other surfaces where you type by simply saving it in Magical. Save time, typos, and the satisfaction of going back to things you love the most in your day.
** FEATURES **
- Unlimited backups, and creation of shortcuts with no limitations!
- No limitations in editing: Rich text editing to style your shortcuts exactly how you want them to appear
- Fully customizable: Customizable list of shortcuts to expand, which are synced across Chrome browsers you sign into. Can use this for website information, Zoom Links, URLs, and much more!
- Search anywhere: Ability to quickly reference your saved shortcuts by searching while being in any site you are looking to expand text in
- Tags to organize you: Add custom groupings to your shortcuts using Tags to allow for better organization, search, and sharing
- Share with your team: Share your shortcuts either individually or by Tag with your colleagues to ensure consistency across your team
- Date Variables: Automatically add today's date within your shortcuts, making your shortcuts dynamic.
- Clipboard Variables: Add your previous copied text on your clipboard into a saved shortcut. This allows you to dynamically link data from LinkedIn, data from forms, spreadsheets, Salesforce or other CRMs, Customer support apps, recruiting software (ATS) and other websites within the snippet. Simply copy the text, and type in your snippet.
Sales and Customer Success:
- Build pre-canned emails that are supported across all channels, including email, CRMs like Salesforce, Zendesk Sales, Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive, Oracle Sales, Insightly, Microsoft Dynamics, to sales channels like LinkedIn Sales Navigator or LinkedIn Premium, Facebook, Yelp and Twitter.
- Can allow you to send messages across multiple channels that your customers are on. This includes replying to customer service requests in Twitter Direct Messages, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram Desktop, to customer apps like Zendesk, Freshdesk, Email and SMS online.
Marketing and growth:
- Allow you to create a consistent branding across your users and customers. Can be used for advertising platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, Buffer, Hootsuite, Shopify and other marketing channels.
- Create snippets and shortcuts for social media marketing for easy reference
- Create snippets where you use scripts and code continually.
Human Resources (HR)
- Can be used for onboarding and off-boarding emails and messages. Can work across HRIS systems like Workday, Oracle HCM online, SAP SuccessFactors, IBM Kenexa, ADP, Ceridian, Gusto, Paychecks, and JustWorks.
- Build messages that are reused to check with hiring managers for internal mobility opportunities, performance reviews, and compliance related tasks
- Create emails and messages to outreach across all channels with candidates and hiring managers, which include email, messaging apps, social network channels like LinkedIn Recruiter or LinkedIn ATS, hiring websites like Monster, Indeed, Craigslist, ZipRecruiter, Careerbuilder, Seek, College Recruiting sites, niche job boards. Can work across your ATS like Greenhouse, Lever, Jobvite, Taleo, iCIMS, Kenexa, Workday Recruiting, PageUp, Workable, SmartRecruiters, Bullhorn, to CRM systems like Avature, Phenom People, JazzHR, Ultimate Software (Ultipro), Newton, PeopleFluent, CATS, Snaphire, Freshworks, Upwork and many others.
Small Business and Entrepreneurs:
- Can help with brand consistency, allowing you to answer frequently asked questions by your customers via email or social media channels, and boost productivity while responding to email, to filling out forms.
- Can be used to send the same outbound message for hiring freelancers, getting a vacation home, sending your bio for dating websites, plus much more!
There are other text expanding apps like Magical that are paid products, and have their respective limitations. As we work harder to make this app the best app possible, we want to give you alternatives in case the product does not work for you. These apps include TypeIt4Me, TextExpander®, Text Blaze, Typinator, FastKeys, Keyboard Maestro, FlyMSG, ProKeys, Popchrom, Text Expander for Chrome, LinkedIn Templates, Gmail™ Email Templates by cloudHQ , Templates for Gmail, Gorgias Templates: Email templates for Gmail and aText.
Lastly, productivity users of Magical use it alongside Grammarly, Lastpass, Screencastify, Kami, Dashline, Avira, Norton Password Manager, Office - Enable Copy and Paste, Momentum, OneTab, Email Tracker for Gmail - Mailtrack, 1Password, OneLogin, Autofill, Todoist, Noisli and many others!
** TRADEMARK & BRANDING NOTICE **
This is not a Google sponsored product. Google Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google permissions. TextExpander® is a registered trademark of SmileOnMyMac, LLC. All other trademarks might be registered are conveyed to you for reference on compatibility, or alternatives.