Diagramming software for students, educators, and faculty with an email address from accredited educational institutions.
Lucidchart is a web-based diagramming tool that makes drawing diagrams fast and easy. Students can work individually on assignments or with an unlimited number of other classmates to create and edit diagrams in real time -- great for group projects.
Lucidchart provides free educational licenses that include all premium features to schools and universities. Click 'Add to Chrome' to start a demo and click 'Sign up free' in the demo to receive a free license. Domain administrators can do the same to register for the entire school.
Hundreds of Templates and Examples:
- Venn Diagrams
- Graphic Organizers
- Mind Maps
- Org Charts
- Wireframes / Mockups
- UML / ERD
Powerful and Easy to Use:
- Choose from hundreds of shapes
- Drag and drop to add your own images
- Export as PDF, PNG, and JPG
- Embed diagrams in blogs or wikis
- Interactive mockups with hotspots and states
- Real time collaboration with changes synced instantaneously
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control, with full revision history
FreeTech4Teachers.com: “The process of creating a chart can help students visualize and process the parts of a multifaceted problem or concept. Lucidchart makes it easy for students to create charts and share their charts.”
TeachingHistory.org: “The web-based, clean interface allows for the collaborative creation of diagrams and flowcharts for publishing. I recommend this tool as fast, easy to learn, and collaborative."