Boosting Looker Studio (formerly Google Data Studio) user interface & features to improve your productivity & reports performance
Looker Studio companion is a free extension for Google Chrome browser. It is created to help users building reports and dashboards inside what is formerly known as Google Data Studio.
This plugin boosts Looker Studio user interface and features to improve your productivity & reports performance.
For this first version, LS companion includes the following features.
The first tab proposes resources links we frequently need when we work on Looker Studio:
- Functions reference to build calculated fields
- Regex checker to test regular expressions for our chart filters or formula functions
- Date formats reference
- Unicode characters
- Icon library
- …but also, as secondary resources…
- Looker Studio help
- Measure Slack channel dedicated to Looker Studio
- LS bug trackers
- Looker Studio release notes
- Google Cloud Services Status
* Data sources : Fields management
A good Looker Studio data source is a data source listing only relevant fields for your report or because of your measurement scope.
The second tab allows to load your data source fields, filter them and disable/enable through bulk actions:
- Dropdown menu to select one of your report data sources
- Button to show the related fields
- Form field to filter the list by field name (with or without regular expression)
- Bulk actions to disable or enable selected or all fields
- Fields list for selection or unitary activation/deactivation
- Footer with a count summary of dimensions and metrics
2 options are available in this tab:
- Widen the chart formula field with you need more space to write your calculated field
- (new v.0.4) Obfuscate text content of all Looker Studio interface, so including your reports to hide confidential data, allowing to make snapshots & store your designs in portfolios, or to show publicly a live report during a presentation.