Detect and Download M3U8 HLS Streams (HTTP Live Stream) in multiple threads to your local disk
This extension detects M3U8 streaming formats on the active tab and offers to download these segmented streams as a single file to the user's local disk.
This extension detects all possible video qualities and uses direct disk writing to store segments. So there is no need to have a recovery plan from a possible crash. Your data is written instantly to the local file and is ready to use. It also merges all segments automatically when the file is fetched. To improve download capability, the extension also sets the referrer header of the original page.
This extension uses multiple threads to download the HLS stream to increase the downloading speed and stability. Also, it supports resuming the download process when there is a network failure (Thanks to the TDM.JS engine).
How to use it:
1. Go to a streaming website like https://videojs.com/
2. Wait until the toolbar color changes
3. Click on the toolbar button once to select a quality
4. Wait until the download is over. You can see the progress as a badge text.
1. Download HSL Streams
2. Detect any audio, video, or media streams on the active tab
3. Uses multi-threading to increase download speed
4. Write directly to the disk
5. Supports detecting many audio and video formats
6. Retries several times to fetch each segment even if downloading is broken or you get disconnected from the internet for a short period.
7. Keep awake while downloading a file (this feature is optional; use Ctrl + P or Command + P when the interface is open to enable it)
8. Download any arbitrary file with multiple threads and network failure protection (copy the link and use Ctrl + V or Command + V to add it as a new job to the interface)
9. Unlimited retires. The extension uses multiple threads to fetch the data as fast as possible. If a thread breaks, the extension retries several times to reconnect to the server. Even after multiple tries, the extension pauses the downloading process and displays a prompt to resume when the network issue is fixed.
10. Suitable to download very large files for two reasons: 1) It is the fastest downloader because of multiple thread fetching. 2) it writes directly to the disk, so there is no need to move the file from the internal storage to the local disk later.
1. You want to store a multi-segmented stream to your local disk for later use.
2. On an unstable network, you can use this extension to fetch a video file and start watching it with your media player even when it is not yet fully downloaded.
1. You can download any file with this tool. Just drag and drop the link to the interface. Since it uses multiple simultaneous threads to fetch data, you can get the file a lot faster. Also, the downloader is protecting you against network failures and resumes interrupted downloads.
2. This downloader writes directly to the disk and can handle a download speed of about 300 MBytes / seconds. This is the best you can get even with native download managers.
If for any reason, you want this extension to ignore your website, please open a bug report on the GitHub repository.