Control the browser with your voice instead of your hands. Use speech recognition to fill forms, open tabs, click links etc!
Browse the web with your voice -- eating, multitasking or just to give your hands a break. Speech recognition for executing voice commands in the browser that would normally require a mouse and keyboard.
Voice control integrations:
* Gmail - select & mark messages, compose emails, dictate emails, etc.
* Youtube & other video sites - play, pause, fast-forward etc.
* Duolingo & WaniKani - answer questions completely based on voice control (handsfree)
* Reddit - speech recognition for upvote, visit posts, comment etc.
General voice commands:
* Scroll up, down, little down, little up, autoscroll, bottom, top...
* Write emails and dictate forms (Premium)
* Open websites (Premium)
* Control videos: play, pause, mute etc.
* Add custom corrections, shortcuts, homophones or synonyms by clicking the transcript!
* Voice activation via push-to-talk key, or wake-word (say "hey LipSurf" to turn it on) (Premium)
* Click things by saying "click [thing text]" or "tag" then saying the annotation in the yellow box next to it.
* Navigate tabs: next tab, previous tab, select tab 3, new tab, etc.
* Zoom in, zoom out
* Dictate emails with speech to text
* 100+ built-in commands that can be expanded to infinity with additional plugins and tons of options.
* Choose between languages and dialects for speech recognition.
* Multi-language support (Russian, Spanish, French and Japanese - more languages may be added by anyone via our forum)
Please go through the tutorial to make sure you configure everything properly, and just say "help" to see the commands that are possible for the current page you're on! Enjoy!
See information about updates along with video demos here: https://www.lipsurf.com/updates
* Turned off language switching cmds by default (language learning has it's own set of voice commands)
* Dozens of new text-editing commands!
* Gmail improvements and fixes
* 🇫🇷 Official French support!
* Custom shortcuts improvements.
* Duolingo improvements including repeat and repeat slowly voice commands.
* (PLUS) WaniKani fixes.
* Fixed performance issue where LipSurf would suddenly be almost unresponsive in certain edge cases.
* Made view commands (view # and view [subject or message]) work again in Gmail.
* (PLUS) WaniKani fixes.
* Improvements to fuzzy matching links with click * command.
* Improvements to grading in Duolingo and WaniKani.
* Made more Duolingo question types work.
* New media mode let's you control videos much more conveniently!
* New open multiple links command.
* Improved scroll voice commands to work in more places.
* Better assistive technology: LipSurf now automatically pauses listening while WaniKani audio is playing.
* Duolingo voice control improvements (Spanish, Japanese and now French!)
* Performance enhancements on text to speech (tts)
* Gmail dictation fixes
* Undo in online documents support
* PREM Voice activation improvement: accurate wake-word "Hey LipSurf" detection.
* Help sidebar improvements.
* Duolingo bug fixes.
* Improved Gmail support!
* Online spreadsheets support!
* Duolingo support!
* Much better contextual help.
* New move help, scroll help down, scroll help up and don't auto open help here voice commands.
* LipSurf can now understand some Spanish! ¡Entiende Español!
* Added more Russian and Japanese voice commands.
* New stop listening voice command is an alternative to sleep that leaves tags, help and other LipSurf dialogues open while pausing speech recognition.
* Auto scroll now works on zoomed pages.
* Improved options page styling.
* Various bug fixes in voice recognition.
* Bug fixes and tag/click improvements.
* Now works on new tab page
* Spell mode
* Help menu stays on the side
* Now use voice control on note taking software.
* Better online docs support.
* Hugely improved Gmail integration (21 new voice commands)
* New "keyboard" plugin for typing enter, tab, and individual letters for spelling
* Performance improvements
* New submit command! It's like hitting enter after typing in a form (eg. search boxes).
* Fixed issue with resetting to defaults, new plugin fetching, and stop command
* (PREM)Nice text for go to [URL] and accuracy improvements.
* Fixed Google in Japanese.
* (PREM)(BETA) Japanese dictation mode.
* Autoscroll saves last configured speed.
* Scrolling on PDFs now works.
* Import and export custom shortcuts/homophones.
* New way to click links (by saying "click [link name]"
* Improved dictation mode (PREM)
* Improved voice activation wake word
* Allow for multi-line custom shortcuts (try clicking the live text to add a custom shortcut)
* More accurate auto scrolling to posts in Reddit
* (Premium) Fixed dictate and dictation mode homophone issue.
* (Premium) Added undo (BETA) and redo (BETA) support to dictation mode.
* (Premium) Improved dictation mode and dictate (eg. dictate emails).
* Fixed issue with live text and needs upgrade dialogue where they wouldn't show when LipSurf was restarted on the same page.
* Tutorial usability improvements.
* More Japanese text-to-speech (tts) homophones.
* Options show disabled plugins as faded in the sidebar.
* Better highlighting of valid commands in the live transcript.
* Fixed issue with being occasionally signed out when installed on multiple computers.
* Improved linking to options.
* More Japanese text-to-speech (tts) homophones.
* Keep context help closed if user closes it manually.
* Improved tutorial scrolling.
* Reduced size of the application.
* Fixed issue where tutorial was opening for old users.
* Overhauled tutorial.
* Performance improvements in speech recognition.
* Better tagging.
* Better dictation mode (Premium)
* Bug fixes when no tabs with urls are open.
* WaniKani contexts!
* Fixed issues with custom homophones dialog on Gmail.
* Improved custom text to speech (tts) homophones autocomplete.
* New pricing plan
* Fixed Gmail scrolling
* Now you can customize per-plugin settings!
* Change the default new tab page in the Tabs & Windows plugin!
* Added speed up and slow down as alternatives for auto-scrolling faster and slower, respectively.
* Fixed voice activation issue with push-to-talk key not turning off on key release.
* Fixed issue with voice dictation mode being hard to exit when on free version.
* Added more text-to-speech (tts) homophones.
* PRO Dictation mode improvements: Dictate emails and online documents.
* PRO Dictation mode for long-form dictation.
* Introducing contexts!
* Certain voice commands are now only possible in a given context (eg. faster/slower commands are only valid if you're in the autoscroll context).
* Contexts are entered via commands: say autoscroll to enter the autoscroll context, dictation mode to enter the long form dictation context.
* Commands might be ignored in your context...
* In the dictation context all the normal commands are ignored and tab, space, new paragraph, new line, and exit dictation are added.
* In the autoscroll context nothing is ignored, only the faster/slower commands are added.
* To exit the autoscroll context, say stop or scroll manually. To exit the dictation context use voice command exit dictation.
* NOTE: switching tabs will also exit a context.
* Better options page with sidebar for easier navigation.
* Split up Browser plugin into: Scrolling, TabsAndWindows, Media, Navigation, Dictation (PRO) and LipSurf.
* Added weather in * as an alternative match pattern for the weather lookup command.
* PRO Made voice activation wake-word even less sensitive.
* PRO Made voice activation wake-word less sensitive.
* Fixed issue with uh-oh page sometimes being opened after initial upgrade from v1.9.2
* PRO Added voice activation wake-word! (It's "grasshopper" for now).
* Added push-to-talk key!
* Configurable sound effects for LipSurf activation/deactivation in options.
* PRO Added many homophones for WaniKani.
* Stability enhancements.
* Fixed issue with Japanese text to speech (tts) word splitter.
* Fixed issues with live-text getting in the way of the page at times.
* Made it more clear that page that automatically opens after install is the LipSurf tutorial.
* Updates to make all WaniKani number items properly recognized.
* Fixed issues with homophones being expanded to infinity.
* Don't allow blank custom homophone transcript sources.
* Fixed issues with language switching for ja/en.
* New zoom in, zoom out and reset zoom voice commands!
* Fixed some issues in voice recognition: certain vocab/kanji with numbers in them.
* Fixed issues with loading local plugins.
* Infrastructural improvements in speech recognition.
* Better microphone permission handling and troubleshooting in the tutorial and options.
* Fixed issue with fonts on Windows and macOS.
* More 🇷🇺 Russian translations and some fixes general language handling (including 🇯🇵 Japanese).
* Fixed issues on smaller resolutions (eg. help being cut off).
* Fixed issue with custom shortcuts and synonyms metrics gathering.
* Warning in the tutorial for Chromium users about incompatibility. (Install Google Chrome instead).
* Custom homophones/synonyms/shortcuts can now be added by clicking the live text!
* Quickly add a shortcut to do a Google ... query, or activate any other voice command of your choosing.
* Map simple words to things that are hard to dictate ...PRO (eg. email addresses, unpronounceable usernames, random sequences of characters, etc.)
* Correct any misheard transcriptions.
* Map voice commands to vocabulary that you have an easier time saying or remembering.
* New "feeling lucky" voice command let's you automatically go to the first result of a search query. Try feeling lucky Django documentation.
* Improved voice command: tag.
* Fixed bug where saying tag would cause high CPU usage.
* Completely re-hauled the Japanese kanji➡kana conversion (new dictionary download is necessary).
* Big improvements to the WaniKani (PLUS) plugin
* Loading icon, and language displayed in the icon.
* Improved language switching speed.
* Improved subscription modification button
* Fixed issue that prevented sign-out and may have caused other authentication issues.
* Smarter deprecation logic depends on previously installed version.
* Continuous deployment integration improvements.
* Fixed issue where Pro users would get repeat upgrade messages.
* Chained homophones in WaniKani PRO fix.
* Temporary WaniKani PRO fixes for certain characters.
* Improved speech to text (tts) and voice dictation.
* Hotfix to bug for brand new users in 1.6.4
* Testing new release automation.
* Important updates show as notifications.
* Better error handling.
* Fixed Japanese text-to-speech (number to digit conversion).
* Hotfix: LipSurf wouldn't turn on with certain settings configurations.
* Added lessons capability for WaniKani PRO
* WaniKani PRO now shows fully correct answer in transcript even when transcript only fuzzy matched answer.
* Updates now hosted online instead of in-app.
* New dictionary command (try "dictionary exculpate").
* New English ⬌ Japanese dictionary voice commands.
* Try saying Japanese lookup "jet lag" to lookup an English ➡ Japanese word.
* Switch to Japanese by saying Japanese then try saying じしょたこやき to lookup "takoyaki" a Japanese ➡ English word.
* New Wikipedia command (try saying wikipedia "John Perry").
* Fixed bug with top part of page being un-clickable.
* Remember you can say Japanese or えいご to switch between Japanese and back to English, respectively.
* Internal improvements to Pro version.
* Better bug/error tracking
* Commands in the middle of a transcript are now recognized (see video on the left)!
* Faster voice commands recognition.
* New scroll right and left voice commands.
* Smarter scroll commands look at viewport height.
* Live text stays on top of new tabs and pages.
* Tip of the Update
* Remember you can say options or right click the extension icon and click "options" to configure all the possible voice commands.
* Sign-in and registration included in tutorial.
* Faster play video command.
* Go to r [subreddit name] is no longer global.
* Tutorial command.
* v1.0 and LipSurf Pro are finally here!
* New voice commands
* PRO Dictate Text
* Quick text dictation by focusing on an input and saying dictate [text you want to input].
* Great for search boxes, short comments, or messages! You can redo the dictation just by repeating the command.
* PRO Go to URL
* Go to any URL by saying go to [url].
* You can also spell the URL. Even the rarer sites are now at your finger ti— err... the tip of your tongue!
* Old annotate and unannotate command words added as alternatives to tag and untag respectively.
* Fixed issues with tutorial.
* New "Anti-Procrastination Plugin"! Try open Reddit for 10 seconds (you can say "open [any website] for [any duration]")
* Google calendar voice control! Try add event to Google calendar or just Google calendar.
* Default shut off time from 20m to 5m.
* Added BETA Russian support!
* Added new window voice command.
* Improved tutorial.
* Now you can say tag and untag instead of annotate/unannotate, respectively.
* Improved annotations and dictation mode.
* Improved Reddit voice commands.
* Performance improvements on speech to text.
* New Top Sites plugin. Try using voice command: youtube!
* Improved Japanese text-to-speech recognition.
* New WaniKani plugin commands (more info, last 10) and added more homophones.
* Forum where you can make feature requests and ask questions: https://discuss.lipsurf.com
* Added "dev mode" and button to load local plugins. Make your own plugins.
* Improved core design.
* Hide updates for 0.7-0.7.1 to not annoy users with too many updates.
* Added more English dialects.
* Actually fixed issue with overlapping voice commands in WaniKani specifically.
* Language picker in first page of tutorial.
* Fixed issue with overlapping voice commands -- delaying commands that are partial matches of other commands.
* Fixed issue with voice command priority.
* Use a headset for improved transcript accuracy. Apple headphones work well! If you see 3 rings on your headphone jack, that means there's a microphone.
* Fixed issue where live text would show but voice commands would not be executed.
* Fixed issue with setting auto. off timer to 0 not working.
* Voice recognition improvement.
* Fixed issue where toggling LipSurf on WaniKani would sometimes cause the wrong language to be selected.
* Fixed issue where LipSurf would stay on if it was shutdown while on a Japanese reading for WaniKani.
* Fixed voice recognition issue WaniKani vocab/kanji with numbers.
* Added many default homophones for WaniKani. esp. for Romaji ➡ Japanese.
* Fixed issue with apostrophes, hyphens in WaniKani answers.
* Don't say "annotations off" say "turn off annotations" or "hide annotations" -- that way LipSurf doesn't jump the gun and think you're saying just "annotate".
* You can now spell out hard-for-the-recognizer words in WaniKani.
* If already in English mode (answering meanings) then just start spelling it out.
* Added commands to switch between Japanese and English.
* General Japanese and WaniKani fixes.
* You can spell words if there's recognition errors.