Browser extension that allows for linking to arbitrary text on a page.
Update: Chrome now has a built-in feature ("Copy Link to Highlight" in the context menu) to copy text fragment links. The extension has an additional feature that allows you to also copy rich links. You can activate this feature in the options.
This extension allows for easily creating a special link to the currently selected text on a page via the context menu. When opening such a special link, a compatible browser will scroll the selected text into view and highlight it.
• Select the text that you want to link to.
• Right-click and choose "Copy Link to Selected Text" from the context menu.
• If the link creation succeeded, the selected text will be briefly highlighted in yellow.
• Paste your link wherever you want to share it.
• 💡 Pro-tip: you can assign a keyboard shortcut to the copy action!
📖 Article: https://web.dev/text-fragments/
🧩 Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/link-to-text-fragment/pbcodcjpfjdpcineamnnmbkkmkdpajjg
🎬 Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5DmGqnzvBI
For more information, see the Text Fragments specification (https://wicg.github.io/scroll-to-text-fragment/) where this feature is described.