Browser extension that allows for linking to arbitrary text on a page.
This extension allows for easily creating a special link to the currently selected text on a page via the context menu. When opening such a special link, a compatible browser will scroll the selected text into view and highlight it.
• Select the text that you want to link to.
• Right-click and choose "Copy Link to Selected Text" from the context menu.
• If the link creation succeeded, the selected text will be briefly highlighted in yellow.
• Paste your link wherever you want to share it.
• 💡 Pro-tip: use a keyboard shortcut (by default: Command+Shift+L or Ctrl+Shift+L).
📖 Article: https://web.dev/text-fragments/
🧩 Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/link-to-text-fragment/pbcodcjpfjdpcineamnnmbkkmkdpajjg
🎬 Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5DmGqnzvBI
For more information, see the Text Fragments specification (https://wicg.github.io/scroll-to-text-fragment/) where this feature is described.