Lightswitch — a chrome extension for Philips Hue lights
Lightswitch allows you to control the Philip Hue lights.
"Amazing! Much faster than taking out my phone!"
"Fastest and easiest UI ever"
"Police theme scared my wife"
"I love controlling the lights with my voice, futuristic"
"Web sync feature blows my mind"
You are only one press away from turning the lights on or off — right from your browser. Home automation was never faster. Choose a dynamic scene, dim the lights, browse 3 million colors from colourlovers.com, 16k colors for your lights, all from the comfort of your browser. Works on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chromebooks.
• Introducing Voice enabled lights: click the mic, and try saying 'turn the lights on', 'turn bedroom on', 'set brightness to 90%'.
• Ambience eye updates: refresh speed and primary colors
• Ambient Eye mode - transfer colors from the web to your home.
• 10+ dynamic light scenes, including: Romantic Red, Disco, Christmas, New Years fireworks, Police lights!
• Single-click virtual light switch for quick on/off of the selected group.
• Auto bridge discovery & manual bridge IP entry.
• Office & warm lights presets — Kelvin degrees, Fluorescent lights.
• 16k full color spectrum selection via two color wheels.
• Select to control groups of lights, or individual lights.
• Access to previously used Meethue.com scenes.
• 3 Million palettes from colourlovers!
1. After installing Lightswitch you will need connectivity to Philips Hue MeetHue.com Portal, or you can enter an IP address of the bridge yourself.
2. When the bridge is found, you see the "press the link button" message - press the middle button on the bridge to authenticate the extension.
3. Control your lights from any home Chrome browser (Mac, PC, Linux, Chromebooks) while on the same WiFi network.
No further setup necessary. The application dims all the lights on and off with a single mouse click, the dynamic scenes work as long as the browser is open. You can control it from the lightbulb popup icon in the browser bar on the top right.
We all spend 80% of our free time in front of the computer, mostly online. The phone is in it's dock, charging. The lightswitch should be inside your browser — now it is. A mouse click away.
About Philip Hue lights
To use this app you would have to buy and setup the Philips Hue starter kit. The Hue lights are digitally controlled lights using WiFi and Zigbee protocols. Available here: http://bit.ly/lightswitchhue
For updates, bugs and ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, http://sadakov.com, or on tweeter at @cdima. Cheers to Chromehue & Philips & Lifx.
A free version of the original Lightswitch for Chrome is available here: http://bit.ly/huelights