LearnPlatform provides product evaluations for educational websites you visit.
Manage Your EdTech. Organize, Streamline and Analyze to Improve Outcomes.
The LearnPlatform for Educators Chrome Extension provides relevant, contextual product reviews and insights for the educational websites you visit.
LearnPlatform for Educators allows teachers to access, grade and provide real-time insights to the EdTech products they use. Educators can use the Educator Chrome Extension on their own or as part of a rollout initiated by their educational organization. Please see below for more information about how the extension works, and for more information about our privacy practices.
Individual educator accounts get these features via the LearnPlatform for Educators Chrome Extension:
- View a product grade and report card for individual products, based on reviews from thousands of educators in the LearnCommunity;
- Build and maintain a personal "EdTech library" of applications;
- Participate in a learning community where you can ask fellow educators for feedback about EdTech products;
- Search the entire LearnPlatform product library of nearly 6,000 edtech tools, and save time and better differentiate products based on your needs
For G Suite for Education (formerly GAFE) schools, districts, and higher education institutions, activating the extension has significant individual and organizational benefits:
- Implement a school- or district-wide product request-and-approval service, so educators have a voice in selecting tools used in teaching and learning;
- Create and maintain a library of approved apps and services, including services that have been vetted and approved by school or district IT and legal staff;
- Save teachers time and improve capacity to differentiate products
- Monitor and analyze which learning tools are utilized most across the organization
- Notify educators of product statuses, such as approved (or not) for use, FERPA-compliant, suitable for use with elementary-aged students, etc.
Improve purchasing, instructional and operational decisions with proven analytics, procurement tools, product IMPACT analyses, and contract management
When the LearnPlatform for Educators Chrome extension is installed on a person’s browser and that person visits a site that is included in our product library, the extension activates. When the extension is not activated, the colors are grayed out. When the extension activates, it is colorized. When the extension is activated, general usage information is collected. This information can include a school-provided user ID, the time of day, and information about the domain and web site. The Chrome extension only collects information about domains associated with apps or sites in the LearnPlatform product library. The product library has been built over 5 years, and contains just under 6,000 products and related web sites identified by our school and district clients.
The information collected via the Chrome extension is used to help educators, schools and districts understand and improve how technology supports teaching and learning. For more information about the privacy and security practices related to the Chrome extension and LearnPlatform, please visit our Privacy Center (https://learnplatform.com/privacy).
LearnPlatform helps educators manage all aspects of their EdTech ecosystem with a single system to organize, streamline and analyze all teaching and learning tools. It is the research-based, configurable and on-demand EdTech effectiveness platform -- designed with, by and for educators and administrators to improve student outcomes and maximize EdTech budgets. LearnPlatform empowers educators and their organizations to determine, manage and measure the best technology for their classrooms.
Since launching in 2014, the LearnPlatform on-demand EdTech ecosystem is already trusted by tens of thousands of educators across the United States in small, medium and top 20 districts, statewide systems, universities, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. LearnPlatform users teach more than 1.8 million students in more than 40 states.