Block websites, that could harm your child.
"Kids Safe Web" is a simple light-weight, but yet powerful Parental Control / Web Filter, that filters websites according to their category. It has all the features that can be found to other Anti-Porn PRO applications.
"Kids Safe Web" purpose is to keep your family member especially your kids safe while surfing the internet and it does it really good.
[+] General features:
- Password protected filtering options.
- Date and time that extension was last enabled.
- 28 website categories that can be filtered.
- Website whitelist.
- Website blacklist.
- Permits specific search engines (google, yahoo, bing, yandex, duckduckgo) functionality, in family safe mode. All other search engines are substituted by google.
[+] Website categories supported:
- Adult/Mature Content
- Alternative Spirituality/Belief
- Chat (IM)/SMS
- Child Pornography
- Controlled Substances
- Malicious Outbound Data/Botnets
- Malicious Sources/Malnets
- Mixed Content/Potentially Adult
- Potentially Unwanted Software
- Proxy Avoidance
- Sex Education
- Sexual Expression
- Social Networking
1. Click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon
2. Select "Configure"
[+] 1st Time Setup
1. Open Chrome Extensions page from Chrome menu (Chrome menu->More tools->Extensions)
2. Find "Kids Safe Web" extension and check "Allow in incognito" checkbox
3. Click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon
4. Select "Configure"
5. Choose Password Protection "Yes" and fill in your desirable password into "Password" field.
6. Choose websites categories, extension will block
7. Press "Save" button
8. Right click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon
9. Choose "Hide in Chrome menu"
1. Right click the "Kids Safe Web" icon
2. Choose "Remove from Chrome ..."