Show dislikes on Youtube
NOTE : ** Extension can be disabled after update \ install by default - check is enabled - then restart browser if not work **
Youtube has removed dislike statistics. This extension return this functionality back.
My project is similar to other ones, but with some features that was important personaly for me :
- Support select of "dislikes" data providers, so you can clearly see where "likes\dislikes" stat was loaded from. You can find decription of data sources in extension settings.
- If you want to see data source directly on youtube page check that option in [Addition oprions] -> [Display data source in ratio bar popup] is activated (activated by default in new versions, since 18.104.22.168)
- Custom ratio bar that can be disabled or recolored from extension settings
- Partly compatible with some mobile browsers (support depends on browser version and manifest v3 compatibility - I mostly tried Kiwi Browser, but still need some work and improvement)
Currently supported data providers :
- YouTube metadata parsing (used by default)
- API by Return YouTube Dislikes project (https://returnyoutubedislike.com/)
- API by SponsorBlock (https://wiki.sponsor.ajay.app/w/API_Docs/Ratings Documentation) - Currently available only for developers on github releases. Uses its own data base so there is almost zero data for current time.
- API by CatFace (my server, currently used as cache for metadata)
Extension source code \ support is available on GitHub :
How extension count "dislikes" and is this results accurate?