A simple extension for looking up kanji characters.
Kanjidex makes it easier to memorize Japanese kanji characters. The database has over 2,000 kanji characters, so it's perfect for beginners starting out with the study of the Japanese language, although Japanese learners of any level are welcome to use Kanjidex.
It's rather simple to use it, simply highlight the kanji character on a web page and you will get all the details related to it, the meaning, the radical, and the examples of which most come with an audio file.
Kanjidex allows the following:
- search kanji by highlighting the kanji on a web page
- highlight multiple kanji characters on the web page (you can select non kanji characters, Kanjidex will search only for kanji characters)
- search kanji in the search field input
- find kanji by writing the English word in the search field
- quick-search with the right click of your mouse button, and you will get quick info about the highlighted single kanji
- save kanji to your kanji library for later review
- easily add and remove kanji from your kanji library