Best PDF and Document Annotation and Markup Tool. Works with Google Drive and Google Classroom
Your Digital Classroom Hero
Kami is a leading digital classroom app for Chrome. It allows you to take any existing document, including scanned PDFs, and write, draw, type, annotate, comment, augment, enhance, and otherwise bring it to life – all within your browser.
Kami’s intuitive design and collaborative features are specifically designed to improve classroom engagement and interaction – all while making the task of providing and completing classroom assignments effortless. Sign up today, for free!
Provide students with documents that they can complete using the full array of Kami tools.
Have students return completed documents to you for in-app grading.
Present a document on-screen and use Kami as a digital whiteboard overlay
Share a document within teams or across the whole class for collaborative annotation, discussion, or debate.
Reduce or totally eliminate the need for classroom printing.
Support inclusive learning with tools for Special Education.
Full compliance with privacy and data security.
Ads-free with advanced tools available for upgrade.
What’s included in the free version:
Full integration with popular LMS’s
Auto-sync and save files to Google Drive
Built-in OCR for scanned documents
Convert files to PDF
Exceptional online support
Learning Management System integration ( including grading feature) with:
• Google Classroom
Three ways to access Kami:
• Chrome Extension
• Web App
• Other browsers – access your Kami account on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and more.
• Select Text: Hand Tool, Select Annotations
• Text to Speech: Loop, Read Page, Change Voice, and Speed
• Markup: Text Highlight, Box Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline
• Comment: Text, Voice, Video and Screen Capture
• Rich Text Editor
• Equation Editor: Insert Math and Music Symbols
• Drawing > Adjust stroke, color, and transparency
• Shapes: Insert Circle, Square, and Line > Adjust stroke, color and transparency
• Eraser: All annotations or Drawings/Shapes Only
• Image: From the computer, Google Drive, Google Search or Webcam
• Insert Signature
(Updated: September 2019)
• Integration with Learning Management Systems
• Split and Merge documents (kami.app/splitandmerge)
• Real-time collaboration and auto-save with Google Drive
• Detect text on scanned files with built-in OCR
• Enable Kami as Default PDF Viewer
• PDF (.pdf)
• Documents (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, RTF)
• Powerpoint (Microsoft Powerpoint, Google Slides)
• Sheets (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets)
• Image Files (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif)
• Free version
• Education: Teacher License, School License and District License
• For enterprise pricing, please email email@example.com
• I am a teacher, can I use Kami?
Yes, you can use Kami and share the license with your students. Kami works well with Google Drive and Google Classroom, so you and your students can collaborate with PDFs, image files and other documents seamlessly.
• Is Kami free?
Kami is free to use, and you can upgrade anytime. If you’d like a product demo or have questions about Kami’s free version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• I am a teacher, and I need Kami in my class, which plan should I get?
Upgrade to a Kami Teacher License* for $99/year, and share your license with all your students.
• I am a school principal, how much is Kami for the entire school?
Get in touch with us at email@example.com to work out the best pricing for your school.
• I need multiple licenses, how can I contact Kami?
Get in touch with a Kami representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to www.kamiapp.com
• Kami Blog: kami.app/blog
• How-to videos, tutorials, and case studies: kami.app/youtubechannel
• Help Center: help.kamiapp.com
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:
*Kami Teacher License is only available to verified teacher accounts from K-12 to higher education.