Best PDF and Document Annotation and Markup Tool. Works with Google Drive and Google Classroom
Kami is an essential tool for better online collaboration and annotation. Over 11 million educators and students worldwide use Kami in the classroom, at home, or a blend of both. Start your free 90-day trial today, and discover how Kami can improve your teaching and learning.
Kami’s intuitive design and collaborative features are specifically designed to improve classroom engagement and interaction – all while making the task of providing and completing classroom assignments effortless. Sign up today, for free!
• Provide students with documents that they can complete using the full array of Kami tools.
• Have students return completed documents to you for in-app grading.
• Present a document on-screen and use Kami as a digital whiteboard overlay
• Share a document within teams or across the whole class for collaborative annotation, discussion, or debate.
• Reduce or totally eliminate the need for classroom printing.
• Support inclusive learning with tools for Special Education.
• Full compliance with privacy and data security.
• Ads-free with advanced tools available for upgrade.
Three ways to access Kami:
• Chrome Extension
• Web App
• Other browsers – access your Kami account on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and more.
What’s included in the free version:
*No credit card details required*
• Access to basic tools
• Auto-sync and save files to Google Drive
• Built-in OCR for scanned documents
• Convert files to PDF
• Ad-free experience
The premium version includes everything in the free version, plus:
• Integration with Google Classroom, Schoology and Canvas, including a built-in grading feature
• Access to all Kami tools and features (Split & Merge Documents, Accessibility tools, Voice and Video comments, and more)
• Priority email support
Kami Annotations Toolbar:
• Select: Hand Tool, Select Annotations
• Dictionary tool
• Text to Speech: Loop, Read Page, Change Voice, and Speed (Premium)
• Markup: Text Highlight, Box Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline
• Comment: Text, Voice (Premium), Video (Premium) and Screen Capture Comments (Premium)
• Text Box: Rich Text Editor
• Equation Editor: Insert Math and Music Symbols (Premium)
• Drawing: Adjust stroke, color, and transparency
• Shapes: Insert Circle, Square, and Line: Adjust stroke, color and transparency
• Eraser: All annotations or Drawings/Shapes Only
• Image: From the computer, Google Drive, Google Search, Stickers (Premium)
• Insert Signature (Premium)
(Updated: August 2020)
• Integration with Google Classroom, Schoology and Canvas
• Auto-save to Google Drive
• Split and Merge documents (kami.app/splitandmerge)
• Real-time collaboration and auto-save with Google Drive
• Detect text on scanned files with built-in OCR
• Enable Kami as Default PDF Viewer
• PDF (.pdf)
• Documents (Microsoft Word, Google Docs, RTF)
• Powerpoint (Microsoft Powerpoint, Google Slides)
• Sheets (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets)
• Image Files (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif)
• Free version
• Education: Teacher License, School License and District License
• For enterprise pricing, please email email@example.com
• I am a teacher, can I use Kami?
Yes, you can use Kami and share the license with your students. Kami works well with Google Drive and Google Classroom, so you and your students can collaborate with PDFs, image files and other documents seamlessly.
• Is Kami free?
Kami is free to use, and you can upgrade anytime. If you’d like a product demo or have questions about Kami’s free version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• I am a teacher, and I need Kami in my class, which plan should I get?
Upgrade to a Kami Teacher License* for $99/year, and share your license with all your students.
• I am a school principal, how much is Kami for the entire school?
Get in touch with us at email@example.com to work out the best pricing for your school.
• I need multiple licenses, how can I contact Kami?
Get in touch with a Kami representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to www.kamiapp.com
• Help Center: help.kamiapp.com
• Facebook Community: facebook.com/groups/kamieducators
• How-to videos, tutorials, and case studies: kami.app/youtubechannel
• Kami Blog: kami.app/blog
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:
*Kami Teacher License is only available to verified teacher accounts from K-12 to higher education.